Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When the president ignores a supreme court ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    He’s setting it up so when he loses, he can blame everyone except himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That sounds vaguely familiar.
    Considering how often he's threatened to deny/dispute the election results it should be more than vaguely familiar when this is pointed out. Judging by the fairly strong reaction of republicans (at least strong by their generally milquetoast reactions to all of trump's awfulness that is forever staining them (or at least the politician class of republicans) as the party of soulless, crappy-a$$ human beings) he may have just finally done something heinous enough to convince even the most apathetic of voters that he's simply not fit for the office and will be a serious danger to this country if he gets reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Judging by the fairly strong reaction of republicans (at least strong by their generally milquetoast reactions to all of trump's awfulness that is forever staining them (or at least the politician class of republicans) as the party of soulless, crappy-a$$ human beings) he may have just finally done something heinous enough to convince even the most apathetic of voters that he's simply not fit for the office .....
    Soulless, crappy-ass human beings? In liberalville, does that qualify as hate speech?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Soulless, crappy-ass human beings? In liberalville, does that qualify as hate speech?
    Conservatives are worried about hate speech now? Dang. The world really IS flipped upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You have a point...
    The tweet about delaying the election was sent on the same day that the US GDP was reported 34% lower (on an annualized basis), the steepest decline on record for a single quarter. It could be that Trump's tweet was a diversion and distraction from the worst economic "report card" in a couple of generations.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    The tweet about delaying the election was sent on the same day that the US GDP was reported 34% lower (on an annualized basis), the steepest decline on record for a single quarter. It could be that Trump's tweet was a diversion and distraction from the worst economic "report card" in a couple of generations.
    You might be right. His most awful tweets come when he needs to deflect from other awful news. Maybe if he would just not be such an awful human being he wouldn’t have to do that. But then his fanboys would have a sad. The real sad though is that so many Americans are cool with his shitty and dangerous behavior.

Oh don’t take offense, it’s just a bookkeeping thing. We’ve reached such a pitch of rhetorical hysteria that that’s just a formulaic phrase like “have a nice day”.

Whatever liberals are left have been cowed into silence or cancelled by the neopuritans pushing the Great Awokening.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Conservatives are worried about hate speech now? Dang. The world really IS flipped upside down.
    This one isn't, free speech is important for many reasons including the ability to see who people really are, but I thought maybe you were against it in this era of cancel.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Based on his history, and his family background, is it any surprise that he is hardwired to believe that any means justifies the end? His father taught him to kill or be killed in business. On The Apprentice, he fired anyone who showed any soft spot in their own self-interest.

This is who he is. This is what we bought.

As the scorpion told the frog after stinging him and dooming them both: "I could not help myself. It is my nature."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Based on his history, and his family background, is it any surprise that he is hardwired to believe that any means justifies the end? His father taught him to kill or be killed in business. On The Apprentice, he fired anyone who showed any soft spot in their own self-interest.

This is who he is. This is what we bought.

As the scorpion told the frog after stinging him and dooming them both: "I could not help myself. It is my nature."
    Wasn’t it Mencken who said something about Democracy giving the people what they want good and hard?

This one isn't, free speech is important for many reasons including the ability to see who people really are, but I thought maybe you were against it in this era of cancel.
    I really wish you would see "people" for the way they really are.

Thread Information