Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Farm Cabin started

Dad is very short on his written descriptions. I'll ask him TMS about that sawmill. Seems I remember it was a 'killer deal' and he had to wait several months for it, kept being backordered. It was pretty simple to put together and I've never heard him say anything about having any problems with it. Dad is very frugal and tinkers with everything - heck they still have the same toaster they got as a wedding present 50 years ago - he's fixed it and everything else many times.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Wow! he's done alot of work on the place in a very short time. Looks great. A turkey roasting on the woodstove by Thanksgiving maybe?

The blog is great! Congratulations on the cabin progress to date!

Did you have to go through hoops to obtain permits for well and septic? (Once, a few years ago, I discovered the DNR in Wisconsin had many excellent regulations in place!)

Mrs-M
    Bump!

Felt it was time to resurrect this thread for our newest members to enjoy, and, to get ready for more progress come Spring!

Not hard to tell who's battling Spring Fever, huh!

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    The blog is great! Congratulations on the cabin progress to date!

Did you have to go through hoops to obtain permits for well and septic? (Once, a few years ago, I discovered the DNR in Wisconsin had many excellent regulations in place!)
    Dad has a pump in the cellar not far from the cabin to pull (and treat) pond water. Drinking water will be hauled. He is still 'thinking' about septic and may go composting. There is no county sewer lines available to hook into.

He's pretty happy with the little wood stove. He's been down at the cabin daily just enjoying his quiet time there.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I say: go compost!

I want to compost here in the city, even. I learned that it's possible with three good compost bins.

Thread Information