Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Cabin started

The blog has a great start! I just checked it out. What a lovely piece of land. What wonderful sounds must come from that pond at night! I go to sleep at night listening to tree frogs and an occasional green frog outside my window, just from a couple little water gardens I have. What a symphony must come from that pond in your pics!

There are three ponds and one stream thru the back woods, one creek that wraps around the south and east property lines, and 2 tiny live springs. When dad bought the place it had been a pig farm, horrible erosion. He said the old farm couple who'd lived there always threw their trash into one of the ditches. It took 12 big dumptruck loads to clear out their trash. That's the reason he planted so many of these pines to fight the erosion and repair the ditches. Pretty cool to know that the logs in your home you planted yourself.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Sounds like the previous owners weren't very good stewards. Sounds like your dad has taken good care of it. 12 dumptruck loads??? That's awful!
    Looking forward to watching the progress on the blog.

Mrs-M
    Love the new pic addition to the site Float On! Thanks. P.S. Are you getting your hands dirty yet helping?

Mrs-M
    Originally posted by Float On.
    He said the old farm couple who'd lived there always threw their trash into one of the ditches. It took 12 big dumptruck loads to clear out their trash.
    Shame on them!

I'll probably head up that way after July 2nd. Boys are going to take turns spending a few weeks. May be too hot to work by then!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Mrs-M
    Wish I could tag along with you Float On. Fingers crossed for cooler more comfortable temps.

I love that two of the first things he put in are a swing and firepit. I haven't checked out your blog yet, but will.

That really sounds like both fun and hard work. Like a good veggie garden.

I love to hear about dreams come true.

moo

Neat! Looking forward to following your progress.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Mrs-M
    Bump.

Thread Information