Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Why should I vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Do you think Biden would complete a full term in office?
    I don't see why not, though I am frankly tired of ancient leadership.
    You would think Trump would be dead by now, given his habits and choleric temperament. But no...

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    I don't see why not, though I am frankly tired of ancient leadership.
    You'd think we could find people below retirement age who are interested in the positions and qualified.

Well we could, but somehow none of them made the cut.

Mayor Pete was interested. How qualified? Not sure, but more than the current guy.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Mayor Pete was interested. How qualified? Not sure, but more than the current guy.
    -

Yeah, that's the thing--a baboon would be more qualified, more honest, and more willing to do what's necessary than what we ended up with.

I was impressed with nearly all the Democratic candidates. Though Sanders and Warren are a bit long in the tooth, they both seem to have boundless energy and good ideas. Mayor Pete, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker--I hope they all end up in the cabinet. Fingers crossed.

Whatever news media I've seen or heard seemed a little over exuberant over Trump's tax returns. I assume until hearing otherwise that he did nothing illegal, though there are some billionaires that have chosen to share their fortune rather than build lavish resorts. My prediction is that if Biden is elected he will use Trumps tax returns as some leverage to change the tax laws. I think it would be safe to assume Biden will have some angle on taxing the wealthy or higher incomes.

I have been mulling over the question bae originally posted to start this thread. I understand that bae is a resident of Washington State, which has 12 electoral votes, legally bound to vote for the presidential candidate that wins the popular vote in the state.

So, in terms of influencing the outcome of the election, it might be worthwhile to inquire what the polls of likely voters are saying. I believe polls in Washington State suggest Biden leads Trump by 22 to 34 points. Biden's lead fluctuates, but I am not aware of a published poll which has Trump leading Biden in Washington State.

There may be reasons other than influencing the outcome, such as casting a vote contrary to the vote of one Democrat. Or there may be symbolic value is casting a vote for the probable defeated candidate, based on a similarity of beliefs and values with that likely unsuccessful candidate.

My old dad used to say, "Don't vote, it only encourages them." But I like to believe there is an intangible pleasure in casting a ballot and trusting that it will be counted. Maybe it is a sense of civic participation. "When the time came, I stood up to be counted. And by implication, don't tread on me, because next time around I am likely to stand up and be counted again."

those still seem like reasons to vote for a 3rd party, and still not Trump . In CA Biden's polling is twice Trumps, for every one Trump voter there are 2 Biden voters according to polls, so never never was in play but that's just an astounding margin. CA
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I think people who are purely capitalists (as opposed to any other ideology) would vote for Trump. If money is the most important thing ... not saying Trump is a good businessman but perhaps they hope his policies would be kind to capitalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Whatever news media I've seen or heard seemed a little over exuberant over Trump's tax returns. I assume until hearing otherwise that he did nothing illegal, though there are some billionaires that have chosen to share their fortune rather than build lavish resorts. My prediction is that if Biden is elected he will use Trumps tax returns as some leverage to change the tax laws. I think it would be safe to assume Biden will have some angle on taxing the wealthy or higher incomes.

Just in case you care about accuracy and the truth , here’s what the article actually said:

The New York Times story about Donald trumps taxes.

The story says that Donald trump paid 1 million tax in 2016 and 4.2 million in 2017. The story said that he paid an additional $750 in 2016 not that it was the whole tax amount. People don’t research stories they just repeat what ever they hear or read. The New York Times own story says he paid taxes.

Now let’s see the career politicians taxes who came into government
    “service “ as members of the middle class, and are now multimillionaires

Thread Information