Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes it was. Stephen Root is good in everything. I think he may be the best character actor in the business at the moment.
    Stephen Root! Of course,
    I knew I knew that actor.

Personally I wouldn’t pick a ‘figurehead’ who says crap like this.

“ I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Or ‘it is what it is’ when discussing the deaths of 150,000 Americans and counting. Rapidly counting.

Or any number of other awful statements he’s made over the past several years.

If the president is merely a figurehead (not a concept I agree with, especially when it comes to foreign policy) I would certainly not pick someone like trump to be the head of my figure.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    No coma, sorry. I was just curious to know what my party has done that you might consider "damage to the country". I didn't mean it to be rhetorical but if you don't want to answer that's OK.
    For ten years the republicans have said they would repeal and replace the ACA. No replacement has ever been put on the table. Yes numerous attempts to repeal. Trump said during his first campaign he had a plan that would be cheaper, cover more people and be more comprehensive. Then he promised the senate would have a plan. A few weeks ago he said the plan would be unveiled in 11 days. The failure, even with a R senate and house, to advance a healthcare plan has damaged many many people. As people lose employment and their health care they will be in a world of hurt. Especially if their wish, a full repeal is done and diabetics etc. cannot get any coverage. If you damage your citizens you damage the country.

Second, after years of screaming “the deficit” they gave massive tax cuts that benefitted the wealthy and corporations that was supposed to trickle down. The deficit went up even before COVID. Now it is soaring out of control. Who is going to pay for Republicans not fixing the roof when the sun was shining?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    The deficit went up even before COVID. Now it is soaring out of control. Who is going to pay for Republicans not fixing the roof when the sun was shining?
    Are you implying that the roof wouldn't be in worse shape with the Democrats in charge? I think they're preventing or delaying help for citizens now because the Republicans only want to spend $1,000,000,000,000 instead of $3,000,000,000,000.

Second, after years of screaming “the deficit” they gave massive tax cuts that benefitted the wealthy and corporations that was supposed to trickle down.
    I think what they actually did was bring income taxes on business down to roughly the same as all those countries the businesses had been fleeing to. The trickle down may have contributed to our very recent lowest unemployment numbers in my lifetime. Of course Covid blew all that to hell but I suspect it was still a good move which will help recovery once this is over.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

So far, I'm seeing a lot of finger pointing on this thread, but very few specific reasons.

You'd think there'd be some.

If I vote for Trump, and he's elected, what specific positive things will I expect him to accomplish in the next four years?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So far, I'm seeing a lot of finger pointing on this thread, but very few specific reasons.

You'd think there'd be some.

If I vote for Trump, and he's elected, what specific positive things will I expect him to accomplish in the next four years?
    More activist judges?

More tax cuts for the rich?

More "owning the libs"?

More "law and order"?

Although who knows, he hasn't really talked about what he'd do in a second term.

If you are a die-hard Republican voter, than Trump is all you've got. I wonder why there aren't any younger ones rising to the top in both parties? How did he get so entrenched?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    If you are a die-hard Republican voter, than Trump is all you've got. I wonder why there aren't any younger ones rising to the top in both parties? How did he get so entrenched?
    I blame the media, they made him and they can't get enough of him because the version of him they promote is good for ratings which bumps up advertising revenue. You'd have a very difficult time finding any news media outlet, digital, broadcast or print that doesn't devote the vast majority of their time promoting the version of him their customers prefer. Then the customers divide themselves into groups lambasting the other side based upon the impressions their favorite media has given them. There's very little reason involved but the media consumers seem to prefer emotion and all the best known politicians exploit that to their advantage. I say a pox on them all.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Like what?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...onment-america

I blame the media, they made him and they can't get enough of him because the version of him they promote is good for ratings which bumps up advertising revenue. You'd have a very difficult time finding any news media outlet, digital, broadcast or print that doesn't devote the vast majority of their time promoting the version of him their customers prefer. Then the customers divide themselves into groups lambasting the other side based upon the impressions their favorite media has given them. There's very little reason involved but the media consumers seem to prefer emotion and all the best known politicians exploit that to their advantage. I say a pox on them all.
    That's so easy, Alan. Are you lumping ALL media together or only the type his minions enjoy?

How did he get nominated in the first place? Are you telling me the media is responsible for that?

Where will you get all your factual and legitimate news if there was no media at all? Hmm?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information