Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    More activist judges?

More tax cuts for the rich?

More "owning the libs"?

More "law and order"?

Although who knows, he hasn't really talked about what he'd do in a second term.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post

But after all all these comments, I am surprised that no actual forum member has provided much of an answer to Bae’s original question. On what merits or platform issues could you make an argument to vote for Trump? And not just Biden or Hillary negatives. Surely some forum members support him, even if it is for only one issue like abortion or immigration.
    I was actually serious when I said this. Obviously my answers were snark but for instance more activist judges means ‘overturn roe v. Wade’. Judging from their level of support for him Evangelicals seem willing to make a deal with the devil in order to get that one.

It’s not as though he is running on a platform in the traditional sense. And in fact he really has not laid out any sort of agenda for a second term. Anyone deciding to vote for him at this point is essentially voting for ‘more of the same’. Which is probably why polling seems to show that about the only people who still support him are his hardcore base. They will never give up on him.

Why would any forum members support him, if you read the forums?

Yes I support Trump for his leadership in the business community. The business community likes him.
    If by support you mean “ vote for him” probably not.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes I support Trump for his leadership in the business community. The business community likes him.
    If by support you mean “ vote for him” probably not.
    Kudos, IL. Rob

Supporting Trump at this point would be like living in Phoenix but yet going to a dentist on tbe US side of the border. Definitely working against yourself and your best interests - though with an asterik for Covid related issues to this statement.

In Los Algodones, Americans are being admitted for pharmacy/dental/medical - but the US border on the Andrade, California side closes at 2 PM now. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Supporting Trump at this point would be like living in Phoenix but yet going to a dentist on tbe US side of the border.

Rob
    I don’t know, what would be more Trumpian than exploiting cheap labor?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It is all about what benefits Rob. We’ve seen his screeds for years now: This country needs to hand him the freebies in order to show “respect for basic human dignity,” Or else! Or else he will take his health business across the border. As if the United States cares that Rob maintains his healthcare consumer status here in this country.

What is funny is that Rob racked up a quarter of $1 million in hospital bills but did not pay a dime of them. But nope that’s not enough to make him happy. Grateful? Hardly.

He’s a perfect example to me of the more we give people, the more they want.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    And what could possibly be more American than pricing an essential service out of the reach of millions, thereby making my stance you refer here to simply cold blooded common sense? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is all about what benefits Rob. We’ve seen his screeds for years now: This country needs to hand him the freebies in order to show “respect for basic human dignity,” Or else! Or else he will take his health business across the border. As if the United States cares that Rob maintains his healthcare consumer status here in this country.

What is funny is that Rob racked up a quarter of $1 million in hospital bills but did not pay a dime of them. But nope that’s not enough to make him happy. Grateful? Hardly.

He’s a perfect example to me of the more we give people, the more they want.
    Il, ? for you? How do.you rationalize that the healthcare I received would have either been free as a resultnif higher taxes or provided at very low cost in any other developed country and even some developing ones such as Thailand? My coup of health care access would be an everyday no big deal occurence in ANY OTHER DEVELOPED COUNTRY. You are aware of this most damning and galling fact, no? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Il, ? for you? How do.you rationalize that the healthcare I received would have either been free as a resultnif higher taxes or provided at very low cost in any other developed country and even some developing ones such as Thailand? My coup of health care access would be an everyday no big deal occurence in ANY OTHER DEVELOPED COUNTRY. You are aware of this most damning and galling fact, no? Rob
    But you got it when you needed it, no big deal, right? Just like in other developed countries? And you got it just like people do in other countries, by the state and federal governments forcing everyone else to pay for it, didn't you? I think your hatred of this country goes deeper than you admit.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information