Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan, if you don’t know you have been in a long coma)
    No coma, sorry. I was just curious to know what my party has done that you might consider "damage to the country". I didn't mean it to be rhetorical but if you don't want to answer that's OK.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan, if you don’t know you have been in a long coma)
    Like this one??

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Like what?
    This is a recent article... check out the end....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rollbacks.html

This is a place to start... if you want more... I will locate.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    This is a recent article... check out the end....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rollbacks.html

This is a place to start... if you want more... I will locate.
    Thanks for that. One question though, in the list at the end were any of those regulations or rules being modified initially approved by the peoples representatives in Congress? I'm wondering if a regulatory state is better than a nation of laws approved by the peoples representatives. I think a Republican would probably say not and risk the scorn of big government lovers by ensuring the people have a say in the administration of the country.

Luckily for those authoritarian government lovers, it seems likely to me that they will take over in just a few months and they'll get to change everything back to their liking.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for that. One question though, in the list at the end were any of those regulations or rules being modified initially approved by the peoples representatives in Congress? I'm wondering if a regulatory state is better than a nation of laws approved by the peoples representatives.
    Reminds me of the recent question if electors could vote the way they want or be required to vote the way the majority of people in their state want them to.

Thanks for that. One question though, in the list at the end were any of those regulations or rules being modified initially approved by the peoples representatives in Congress? I'm wondering if a regulatory state is better than a nation of laws approved by the peoples representatives. I think a Republican would probably say not and risk the scorn of big government lovers by ensuring the people have a say in the administration of the country.

Luckily for those authoritarian government lovers, it seems likely to me that they will take over in just a few months and they'll get to change everything back to their liking.
    I don't think many people are authoritarian government lovers. The point is to protect what we can based on the science we have. That is the main premise in the above.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Reminds me of the recent question if electors could vote the way they want or be required to vote the way the majority of people in their state want them to.
    And the answer is Yes. While each state enforces their own rules the Supreme Court just last month affirmed the states right to deal with Faithless Electors, as rare as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Like this one??

haha, ok, that was good if a little long.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes it was. Stephen Root is good in everything. I think he may be the best character actor in the business at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That was my thought when I watched it too. Although I’m not sure how they could tighten it up without leaving stuff out.

Thread Information