Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Seems tricky business when nobody will offer a positive reason to vote for a candidate.
    I think Sweetana and Alan offered two reasons, while also pointing out that they do not support the candidate.

Since I would not vote for him, I can't do any better. But they both did give two hypothetical and possible reasons why someone might vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Seems tricky business when nobody will offer a positive reason to vote for a candidate.
    I guess he will lose then.

I’m waiting for the Debates for the top slot. Pretty much Republican the rest of the way. Maybe Biden will wow me with his VP choice and debate performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I’m waiting for the Debates for the top slot. Pretty much Republican the rest of the way. Maybe Biden will wow me with his VP choice and debate performance.
    When are the debates?

I’m not even sure Biden’s handlers will let him. But hopefully soon. At the very least they should be entertaining.

I'm not sure I will be able to watch--they are both such explosive personalities, and it will be so nervewracking.

I generally support the GOP aims, however imperfectly conservative, over those of the Democrats. Especially with their apparent lurch to the left into a strange quasi-Marxist identitarian cult. But I also think people exaggerate the role of the President to almost monarchical levels.

I don’t think Trump has the character or the intellect for the office, and I don’t think Biden does either. So I’m comfortable voting libertarian at the top and GOP everywhere else. I don’t accept the argument that a vote for anyone but Biden is a vote for Trump.

I won't speak for myself, but I can tell you why DH is voting for him.

My DH is voting for Trump because a) he believes that Trump is responsible for the growth of the economy up until COVID; b) he "tells it like it is" (I know, I know, he doesn't seem to hear the lies), c) unlike Biden, he isn't a "Washington insider," d) he agrees with policies on immigration and other Republican platform law-and-order policies; e) he doesn't like Biden because of his poor track record running for President in the past and just because he's not exciting, and f) he's mad at the Dems for screwing Bernie twice. Ironically, if Bernie had run, DH would have been all in for him.

Those are his reasons.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think of the presidency as more of a figure head position with the real power belonging to the Congress. I'll vote a straight Republican ticket in hopes of achieving a Republican majority in both houses. I think it's more important than ever to do that at this point in history because it appears the far left is taking over the Democratic Party and I think that's a bad thing.

I don't think that will help Trump though, I'm feeling more and more that Biden will win the election without ever even campaigning, or maybe even not debating, which I suppose is due to the power of the media. Another reason I believe a strong Republican presence in Congress is essential.

Besides that the only positive thing I can say for a Trump vote is the chance to influence whatever upcoming Supreme Court vacancies may occur.
    LOL - and I'm voting straight Democrat pretty much for the same reasons - just change "Republican" to "Democrat" and "far left" to "far right". I can't say anything positive about Trump and hope he doesn't get a chance to fill any more Supreme Court vacancies.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Trump and hope he doesn't get a chance to fill any more Supreme Court vacancies.
    The hypocrisy would be staggering but completely unsurprising.

Thread Information