Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Why should I vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingpines View Post
    Just in case you care about accuracy and the truth , here’s what the article actually said:

The New York Times story about Donald trumps taxes.

The story says that Donald trump paid 1 million tax in 2016 and 4.2 million in 2017. The story said that he paid an additional $750 in 2016 not that it was the whole tax amount. People don’t research stories they just repeat what ever they hear or read. The New York Times own story says he paid taxes.

Now let’s see the career politicians taxes who came into government
    “service “ as members of the middle class, and are now multimillionaires
    If that’s the case, a lot of major news sources are getting it wrong.

It gets more complex, the New York times story itself says he paid taxes those years but didn't OWE almost anything in taxes those years, he paid with an extension to file, and then when he filed he owed almost none of it but let them keep the payment for future potential taxes.

It is strange behavior, though frankly I've overpaid the IRS more than this comparatively as a % of income (not out of generosity, out of sheer utter confusion with the tax code and not being able to find a non-confused accountant), but I guess chump change for Trump, and he may still owe the IRS much more than this anyway due to an old refund in audit, and then it would be just a payment toward that perhaps, although still strange (paying for the years one actually owes makes sense, not this).

I don't think almost anyone is basing their decision to vote or not vote on Trump based on his tax returns, and many of us were disappointed, what no findings of mob ties etc., oh well one could have hoped for a smoking gun, but there are limits to what a tax return can show. The debt was also the story in addition to the taxes of course. So it's not going to be everyone's thing to make detailed spreadsheets of what Trump did or did not pay in taxes (the NYT could), especially when ultimately nothing depends on it, as we already have much more relevant information when voting: how he does the job of president.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If that’s the case, a lot of major news sources are getting it wrong.
    If so, you know trump will sue....

Thread Information