Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Very pretty! Do you want to share the story behind them? There is usually a good story behind tattoos. I just learned that the boxcar tattoo my future SIL has a really interesting story about a friend he had during a tough period in his life. I never would have known that about my SIL if someone hadn't asked him why he got it.
    They are both about my children.
    Last edited by happystuff; 8-7-20 at 6:00am.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thank you for sharing, happystuff.. a beautiful story..
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thank you to everyone sharing your tattoo stories!

I would never get a tattoo for reasons mentioned above. Also, I saw a woman once who had a tattoo and it was grotesquely misshapen.... obviously her skin changed over time. It was not pretty.

I get bored looking at the same thing all the time so I would probably go for something like henna designs that would wear off and I could do a new one. Or I've seen temporary 2 week tattoos at Inkbox.

I've never had the urge to have a tattoo, probably because of my uncle. Back in the mid 50's he married the love of his life and had her name tattooed in a heart on his arm. Shortly after that she left him and he spent the rest of his life with the constant reminder, and his next wife didn't like it either.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have a bat on the back of my left shoulder and I forget it's there most of the time. DH has a bat on his right upper arm. We like bats and we are maybe both a little bit batty.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have a bat on the back of my left shoulder and I forget it's there most of the time. DH has a bat on his right upper arm. We like bats and we are maybe both a little bit batty.

I had a bat land on me once, and so did my daughter-in-law. Very eerie but choosing to see it as a spiritual sign of transformation.

I have pondered getting a tattoo from time-to-time, but I'm put off a bit by the way I suspect my skin will age, and the fact that my physical size seems to vary significantly depending on what sorts of activities I am doing..

My ankle and the top of my arm are 2 places with no wrinkles)

Thread Information