Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Tattoos

Tattoos. Who here has them?

A tattoo shop is opening in my neighborhood, one that caters to women. I知 thinking about getting a light tattoo on my forearm, a floral design.

In the past I could not think of an image that I would want for the rest of my life, but now I知 pretty close to the rest of my life and I will always be interested in flowers. Also my skin is not young and juicy and so it痴 really not gonna hurt it to marr it with a tattoo.

I still wince to see the beautiful skin of young women who have bold tattoos.

Tell me about your tattoo. And how much did it hurt?

I have two - one on each forearm. Got the panda one first and about 8 years later, got the 2nd. I believe i was in my 50's for both. Being on the forearm, the application hurt a bit, but the each of the guys that did them seemed to know when to take a "little break", so it wasn't too bad. They are both small, so were completed in about 45 minutes. I specifically picked the placement of them so that I am able to look at them! LOL.

Tatto1.jpg Tattoe2.jpg

Don't know why they showed up sideways. Sorry.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

If I got one, it would be small, discreet, and probably regretted moments later.

I should start a file of tattoos I like--I've seen some wonderful minimalist designs, my favorite being an alien abduction in progress among tall fir trees.

I have one that is 47 years old now, a butterfly. In a place no one but DH sees. I worry for young women who have the total body tattoos because they won't be taut-bodied forever. Someday it's just not going to be a good look.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I think the idea of a tattoo is interesting.. I have to admit, I have had random, non-serious thoughts about getting one. My daughter has one on her forearm of symbols she identifies with: a fox, shamrock, moon.

Because I love the surrealist Rene Magritte, who did the "Ceci n'est pas un pipe" painting, I think I might be tempted to have a tattoo that says either "Ceci n'est pas moi". or "Je ne suis pas mon corps." ("I'm not my body")

IL, obviously a lovely purple bearded iris winding up your forearm would be perfect for you! What variety of iris or lily do you see for yourself?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think of them like phone backgrounds. 的 love this! I知 making it my phone background ... and 3 days later 的知 so tired of this! I知 putting my background back to a blank screen ...

I can't speak for anyone else, but mine are very symbolic and are perfect for me. I'm definitely happy to have them as a permanent body fixture.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I have two - one on each forearm. Got the panda one first and about 8 years later, got the 2nd. I believe i was in my 50's for both. Being on the forearm, the application hurt a bit, but the each of the guys that did them seemed to know when to take a "little break", so it wasn't too bad. They are both small, so were completed in about 45 minutes. I specifically picked the placement of them so that I am able to look at them! LOL.

Tatto1.jpg Tattoe2.jpg

Don't know why they showed up sideways. Sorry.
    Very pretty! Do you want to share the story behind them? There is usually a good story behind tattoos. I just learned that the boxcar tattoo my future SIL has a really interesting story about a friend he had during a tough period in his life. I never would have known that about my SIL if someone hadn't asked him why he got it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have a rose on my ankle and a rose and butterfly at the top of my arm. Got them 22 years ago when I moved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I think of them like phone backgrounds. “I love this! I’m making it my phone background ...” and 3 days later “I’m so tired of this! I’m putting my background back to a blank screen ...”
    That would be me, so I remain virgin canvas.

Thread Information