Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone put on the Quarantine Fifteen?

Anyone put on the Quarantine Fifteen?

I'm really struggling.

I was placed on antidepressants about 18 months ago. Started putting on weight slowly. About 10 months ago I asked my dr. to prescribe something else as I wasn't doing anything else differently and she agreed it as was probably the meds.

However, with the new meds nothing changed, and I lost my will to try keeping my diet straight. This of course was also the beginning of the quarantine, no gym, but stress, etc. I continued walking miles every day, but nothing has come off. So, I weaned myself off the antidepressants. I know, but don't fret. I'm fine.

But, I am struggling with getting back on track. Too many comfort snacks, eating when I'm not hungry. I got into bad habits and have the mentality of what the hell.

Anyone else? Has the quarantine affected your healthy habits?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I haven't put on weight but not getting outside daily started to affect my blood pressure. After a couple of scary episodes where it rocketed up to crazy levels (190/115) the doc changed up my meds and I started getting out more just to do short walks around the neighborhood. There's a 120 step staircase near us. At a minimum now, everyday I walk over to and up that staircase, the combined total of which my iphone clocks in as 25 flights of stairs. Doing that every day and longer, more strenuous walks on the weekend seems to have gotten things back under control.

I picked up the Dreaded 15 after the first few months, I think it was a combination of the daily baking and the lack of exercise.

I was starting to work on resolving the situation, when I got hit with my first attack of gout (and hopefully the last) in my big toe a couple weeks ago, which reduced my ability to exercise, bother.

I think of it as the COVID20.
    I probably have, though I haven't checked. Reeling it back in now.

Probably a few, I mean the only place I weighed myself was the gym as I don't own a scale (and it would be more psychologically unhealthy for me to, than it could ever be physically healthy, I do mean that).

It's really not much change, same clothes a little tighter, but I attribute any and muscle loss (which I do have) entirely to not being able to go the gym (though I've walked near daily, done hand weights - which I can't even buy at this point due to shortages (!), body weight exercise such as I could do - it's really hasn't been the same). I didn't get into baking, that always seemed like the road to ruin to me. Ok so one day nothing made sense in a world gone completely mad (day of opening up everything AND riots - ack not good, not good ) but baking chocolate chip cookies, but generally. I can tell you how not to be making too many cookies: let someone "borrow" your mixer, such that you are making them by hand, like grandma used to do yes, you'll have to really really want those cookies

I emotionally ate more when going to the office, which is why I don't blame emotional eating, I do it less even though I do suffer emotionally like many do (stats show more despair) in these covid days. But before I'd come home exhausted beyond measure, and just eat, is exhaustion eating emotional eating? I guess I think so. But less exercise and muscle yea that's a problem.
    Trees don't grow on money

I weigh myself daily and cut back if I creep up. 5 years ago it took me 1 year to lose 40lbs.

I actually lost 5 lbs since June, but I started a program in February that has made me accountable for a lot of personal behaviors. Call it good timing.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't think I am gaining - maybe holding steady. I can live with that - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I picked up the Dreaded 15 after the first few months, I think it was a combination of the daily baking and the lack of exercise.

I was starting to work on resolving the situation, when I got hit with my first attack of gout (and hopefully the last) in my big toe a couple weeks ago, which reduced my ability to exercise, bother.
    Ow, Bae, gout is so awful. Feel for ya.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think of it as the COVID20.
    I probably have, though I haven't checked. Reeling it back in now.
    Ok Jane...what are your strategies? I need inspiration.

Thread Information