Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: August frugals

August frugals

Nothing spectacular, but always trying to reduce expenses: since retiring, I'm doing at least 1 commando shower a week, and washing hair every three days instead of every-other, unless it really needs it. Put more laundry on the line this week - dryer has not been used for 2 weeks, even by DD. Watching carbs, but love breads. We make some keto/low carb muffins, and for some reason, the recipes often make 9 muffins. Instead of fuddling with the recipe to make a bit more, or making 12 rather flat muffins, DH turned one of my aluminium 12 tins into a 9 muffin tin. Now not only does it work better for the amount of batter we have, but it also fits in the toaster oven so I don't have to turn on the large one!

Early: that was very clever about the muffin tin!
    I think I've been spending more money these past few months. I take the request to support my local businesses very seriously, ha!
    DH needed some new shorts because his weight is up a bit. I got him 2 pairs of shorts at Savers that he likes (he's a bit particular) for $3.99 a pair.

Yppej
    I am not spending much while I wait for DS to clean his room so an electrician can come in as that is somewhat of an unknown expense. He filled two more trash bags today but is a slow process for him.

I cut DH's hair again - a little too short, but it will grow back, lol. I need to get on track with doing this on a regular monthly basis so I can get good at it.

That's great, rr! First time I cut DH's hair he ended up shaving his head.... Good thing there's a re-boot for hair, lol.

I trimmed my own hair again but the ends still look a bit raggedy. If I were going out into the world a lot, this would not do.

Not eating out for lunch or picking up something on the way home now that I’m working from home.

Yppej
    Will try again for meeting friends at a park this weekend, only cost will be gas.

We scored 4 angus beef fillets for under $3.00 each as a "Manager's Special," with a sell-by date of 8/16. We'll eat 2 this weekend and we froze the other 2.

Got a bunch of mushrooms at the grocery clearance price of 50% off. Turned them into cream of mushroom soup. Instead of using $2+ heavy cream, used yogurt which was 69 cents. Going to have with some of our bread we got at Costco and froze. We have scored big at Krogers WooHoo stickered items. Tomorrow we are having sauted vegetables with noodles and sauce that was on sale with some of the chicken we got on sale and froze.

Thread Information