Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Couple in Massachusetts Political Ad

Yppej

Missouri Couple in Massachusetts Political Ad

Here is the couple Iris Lilies wrote about appearing in the "Lead in Crisis" ad. The words mass shootings appear on the screen under them. I was surprised.

https://youtu.be/mIF9ActS1Hw

The power of suggestion is a huge influence over some people. I'll bet he's hoping all potential voters watch cable news.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Ah the McCloskeys. Annoying dweebs they are.

Our illustrious city attorney has skipped right over all the backlog cases of homicides rapes etc. that she is unable to act on due to lack of will and incompetence and she has charged the McCloskeys with illegal use of weapons. I’m so glad she has her priorities in order. Not. All these people deserve one another.

Our State’s attorney general has gotten involved by taking court action to overturn whatever charge our city attorney has entered. He says our state’s Castle Doctrine covers what the McCloskey’s did when they stood on their own property pointing weapons at the milling crowd.

Meanwhile as the Mc.closkeys do their dance with our city attorney, we had a fun little event in my neighborhood yesterday. A young man was sitting outside at table on a beautiful day on his front sidewalk, cleaning his gun. This was reported on Nextdoor as he was doing it, with a photo of him and a cautionary note that people should not walk by in case he escalates his actions.

There was the usual Twaddle from people who don’t know anything about guns, and that would include me of course but I didn’t post; it was called an assault rifle, an automatic weapon, and etc. A military guy posted say it’s not an automatic weapon it’s a semi automatic and It’s been modified someone else suggested.

None of this really matters, right? There’s nothing wrong with sitting outside on a beautiful day cleaning your gun. But because someone was creeped out by that, they called the cops. The cops came to investigate and left. We can assume the gun is owned legally.

Then someone reported the post as racist and discriminatory, and that’s when I had to become involved because I am a Nextdoor moderator. I really had to debate this one because it is a racist and discriminatory post, but the thread actually had some pretty useful commentary. Posters were reminding everyone that it’s a guy’s right to sit outside and clean his gun. There was pretty respectful dialogue. So I decided to leave the post up because of the dialogue, and I told the guy who reported it why I decided to leave it up.

Within an hour it had been zapped by Nextdoor Central tho, so it disappeared from the feed.

What is most interesting about this case is there so much, so very very much background and context. The young man is a neighborhood kid who grew up here. He was, most likely, cleaning his gun as a gesture of defiance. He walks his dog with a gun strapped to his chest, intimidating for many who run into him. He has a handful of muscle cars, new purchases for him, and races them around our park. He has friends who are rather unsavory staying with him There is a video circulating of him and a roommate playing with a gun in a car.

He is a recent member of the national guard.

He’s always speeding around and he has lost his license to drive. But that doesn’t stop him from driving, he still drives. He failed to show up at a court hearing last week.

He lives in a $400,000 house that his mother left to him when she died a few months ago. She was a physician.

everyone on that street is very angry and tired of the incredible noise his cars make when he races them around. That activity is attracting other racers. Our neighborhood safety committee, our neighborhood police officer, and our city alderman are working on this situation. I see the police officers have been instructed to have very limited contact due to COVID-19, so they are not have a normal interactions and besides our Police Department is traumatized by recent writing, as well as decimated ranks due to retirements and open positions.

All the criminals know of course the status of the police department. I’m a size anyone hauled in on charges just gets released because their city attorney is unwilling to prosecute anyone.

Always fun and games in St. Louis and the McCloskeys arent the only ones intimidating People with guns.

This kind of stuff makes my head hurt. My ex had hunting guns and never cleaned them outside. My step son is military and he doesn’t either. It’s strictly being done to intimidate people. The old couple does the same with lawsuits, etc. I am surprised someone hasn’t gotten even with them.

Seen them cleaned outside when on hunting property (small cabin), but in general, people don't like to clean outside due to a couple reasons:
    1. It lets people know you have them (you become a target)
    2. When your gun is apart, it looks like your disarmed.
    No explanation why this post was racist by the OP, was the cleaner, human?

I often clean firearms outside, as it keeps the smells of the volatile chemicals out of my house, and keeps the mess outside as well.

I don't do it in the front yard while waving at neighbors though.

I also don't know why anyone would assume a firearm disassembled for repair in front of me would mean I was "disarmed" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I often clean firearms outside, as it keeps the smells of the volatile chemicals out of my house, and keeps the mess outside as well.
    I do as well, and for the same reason, although I do it on my back deck. I've noticed that some folks set up their BBQ grills and lawn chairs in their front drive too, I don't quite understand it but don't hold it against them. Maybe they just consider it a safe and comfortable space and perhaps enjoy seeing and greeting their neighbors while working.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Guns aside - if he is driving illegally and violating speeding laws while do so AND missed a court date - all which seems very blatant by your description - , why isn't there a warrant out for his arrest and why hasn't he been picked up already?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Guns aside - if he is driving illegally and violating speeding laws while do so AND missed a court date - all which seems very blatant by your description - , why isn't there a warrant out for his arrest and why hasn't he been picked up already?
    You dont understand how things work in St. Louis. Of course there’s a warrant out for his arrest!. There’s a warrant out for the arrest of about a 10th of the people I meet on the street every day.

My next door neighbor has, for instance, a warrant on him for missing court dates about building violations. Our neighborhood has a “ problem properties” volunteer committee dealing with him and others and they may actually have him picked up. We will work with our local police officer on it since she said she was willing to pay him a visit if I would tell her when he was home. But that was all before COVID-19, so all of that has stopped for the moment.

But what really is the point of picking him up? Not really much point.Going to jail doesn’t make him do anything, and besides they’re probably not gonna keep him in jail except possibly overnight anyway.

In order for laws to have meaning, the society governed by the laws has to respect the laws. Doesn’t happen in St. Louis And this was the climate even before our no good very bad city prosecutor who doesn’t do squat.

Thread Information