Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

August Purge

New month, new chances to purge!

Sold the last spare tire on FB Marketplace the other day. My back deck is now cleared of old shed stuff to get rid of!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That’s great happy!

Nice work, Happystuff. Sounds like you've hit a great milestone!

Had "emergency" plumbing yesterday ($$$ Ouch!!!), but did give the plumber (nice guy!) our unused rain barrel off the front porch. So... another item gone. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Congrats, Happystuff on your progress.

So one big source of my clutter is that I buy stuff online then forget to return what I don't want or need. But yesterday I returned 5 things. Baby steps!

Thanks, everyone. The "one at a time" seems to be working for me. LOL.

my husband decided in July to start getting rid of a whole room full of collectibles. We have hauled these things around for over 20 years. He is selling most on Ebay and all the profits are being donated. So far maybe 50 boxes have been sent out and the shelves have empty spots. Even found two tubs of misc. stuff that I have to go thru and dispose of. My thought is if I dont know what is in the tub, it has been stored for years, then I dont need it.

Not a purge, but we went to two estate sales this weekend, and all I took away were two books and two games for Christmas presents for the grandchildren.

Was very tempted by an old sled to restore, but did not get it--went back a later day to buy it, and it was gone, so that turned out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not a purge, but we went to two estate sales this weekend, and all I took away were two books and two games for Christmas presents for the grandchildren.

Was very tempted by an old sled to restore, but did not get it--went back a later day to buy it, and it was gone, so that turned out well.
    I definitely find that purging makes me much more hesitant to acquire more stuff. Good for you!

After my daughter and I purged her dress-up rack yesterday, I posted a bunch of pictures of the stuff we had to give away on the neighborhood moms Facebook group. Got rid of 17 items so far that way!

I also passed on a bike I can't use to some friends.

New total for month: 23.

Thread Information