Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Passed on one more thing to a neighbor and returned two more items to stores. New total for month: 26.

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Passed on one more thing to a neighbor and returned two more items to stores. New total for month: 26.
    Wow, and so early in the month! I have to up my game as have been kind of stalled. Maybe today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Wow, and so early in the month! I have to up my game as have been kind of stalled. Maybe today.
    Yes, I need to get motivated again as well. Finally got a box for the donation corner, so need to start filling it. lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have promised a bookstore out of state a lot of boxes of books! This will, I think take 1/2 or less of the storage unit, but it will be a large chunk. Hurrah! Gave a bag of books to another bookstore this afternoon. Meeting a 3rd bookdealer Friday... I am determined to get out of the book business and the storage unit!

That's great, NewGig!

Sold a portable air conditioner this morning. I had bought it used from a friend a couple of years ago for $100 to use in one of our bedrooms. Son moved out. I am using it for a guest/craft room now and ended getting darker curtains which has helped keep it cool. I never did use the air conditioner! Posted it last night on Facebook Marketplace for $125. Got lots of responses. Sold it this morning for $125 and have a nice empty space in a closet, too.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Great Becky!

I took four items back to the store. New total for month: 30.

I have many, many items to return to stores, and I'm a little embarrassed to have you all see that, but ... it really motivates me to count them as part of my decluttering!

It's great that you're doing that, EJ. Less clutter and money back in your wallet.

Got rid of a lot yesterday. A giant table that we had picked up free from a bakery, that took up so much space in the shed. A very nice dresser, an office chair, a red shelving unit, and a couple of small heaters. Put it all out in front of the house and all gone except some pallet wood and a piece of exercise equipment. Will take that to Goodwill today with two bags of small stuff and a box of canning jars.

Thread Information