Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: August Purge

I negotiated a complex little deal with one of our friends/neighbors that netted $625 for the fence fund of our park conservancy and got rid of glassware that is a burden to me.

He had always admired my St. Louis crystal stemware, he has money, so I researched sale prices on eBay and offered him a smokin’ deal:$125 per stem, he gets the tax write off, and I even threw in a couple of zucchini’s (which he did not take.)

Later today I will deliver his check to the park conservancy treasurer.

win/win

Deliver it in a basket of zucchinis. If he can take the money, he can take the squash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Deliver it in a basket of zucchinis. If he can take the money, he can take the squash.
    Oh he is gone with the glassware. He and his wife were over .sunday night to have drinks and snacks on our patio. He brought his own box and packing material for those stems, I didn’t want anything to do with packing them up.

Well done IL! I cleaned out a closet and filled my trunk with stuff for the thrift store and my garbage can.

The old SUV, that for safety purposes only went no more than 5 miles from home, just got sold (basically for scrap) and was removed today. Yay!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Nice work, happystuff!

I have a number of items(DH's tools) for Habitat for Humanity. I must phone for an appointment under Covid rules to meet someone there to donate the items. That is today's project.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I have a number of items(DH's tools) for Habitat for Humanity. I must phone for an appointment under Covid rules to meet someone there to donate the items. That is today's project.
    Very nice! It's a perfect match - tools and house-building.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thanks!

another box getting ready to mail, about 60 book this time...
    8/31:started going thru the boxes in the living room. One is obvious going away stock. And one, sigh, was for the bookstore delivery, last Monday. Ah well, start another pile.
    Last edited by NewGig; 8-31-20 at 2:43pm.

Thread Information