Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamala

I'm kind of surprised. If he had wanted to scoop up undecided Trump voters, I would have thought Klobuchar would have been a better pick.

Maybe he thinks her tough on crime past as a prosecutor will be a plus to some of those people.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I myself and SO and family all resoect and approve of Kamala Harris as Biden's VP choice. I've spoken to a few people in the neighborhood expressing relief with Kamala as the choice. There is a very practical reason for this.

Much of the 85006 is not currently working due to the pandemic and the nature of the jobs mostly held in the neighborhood. Ms. Harris has repeatedly supported 2k checks for most Americans, per month and retroactive to March 2020. This increases distance from the street for vulnerable 85006 residents. Of course Ms. Harris will enjoy 85006 support.

Beyond that, she's sharp and debates well. I'd very much like to see her make an utter fool of Mike Pence!!! And even my Cousin Astrid in Vienna approves - not that that matters. It's just nice to hear approving words from a relative with better citizenship, and citizenship in a country that actually dealt with covid head on.

Biden/Harris 2020 for an America that you don't have to be (as) embarrassed by. Rob

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmmm... I'll have to think about that. Good point. Do you know if Vermont is as blue as other states like New Jersey? I think it's pretty divided.
    Here is information on how blue Vermont is:

https://www.270towin.com/states/Vermont

And of course it is the home state of Bernie Sanders and Howard Dean.

She was my number two pick for the Democratic presidential candidate, so I approve--although I'd rather see her as AG or maybe a SCOTUS slot. Really, though, if we get a SCOTUS pick, it should be Merrick Garland, since he was robbed of a seat.

Amy Klobuchar turned down the position, I believe.

Yppej
    Bad timing for Klobuchar, who let Chauvin get away with one murder, then he turned around and did it again to George Floyd. Kamala's prosecutorial record is also blemished, as Tulsi Gabbard and others have pointed out.

It must’ve been a good choice. Trump has pronounced her a nasty woman. Any time he doesn’t like someone it’s a pretty good clue that they are good people.

Edited to add, the news just pointed out that trump has previously donated $6000 to her campaigns.

I was unimpressed with her during the debates but she's a fighter and can probably stand up to the usual verbal abuse from Trump and Pence. Wasn't even in my top three favorites, but probably a decent strategic gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'm kind of surprised. If he had wanted to scoop up undecided Trump voters, I would have thought Klobuchar would have been a better pick.
    Jane is right--Klobuchar stepped aside because she believed the slot should go to an African American.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

She worked closely with Beau Biden, a fellow attorney general, to negotiate a bank bailout. They became good friends, and Beau was a big supporter of hers. That counted for something with Joe.

ETA: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...friendship-joe

Thread Information