Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamala

Kamala

I'm happy with this choice. How about the rest of you?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Me too.

Yppej
    No. She is a careerist with no true principles so she is a good pick for Biden who is the same. I am definitely voting Green Party this year. Howie Hawkins also has a female woman of color as a running mate, Angela Walker. Previously Angela Davis was the Communist Party's VP pick, and Winona LaDuke was the Green Party VP nominee. So all the news stories about Kamala Harris being the first woman of color on a presidential ticket are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm happy with this choice. How about the rest of you?
    Would have been my last choice. Not impressed. It doesn't matter though. Even if she should be promoted to president.... she is better than the serial adulterer in the white house now.

She’s better than what we have. My son hates what she has done to people she prosecuted for low level crimes and now is voting 3rd Party. I told him I will move his bedroom to the shed)

Yeah, my reasoning is, she's a good pairing with Biden. She's more energetic, she is a great debater, she is experienced enough so that if Biden didn't make it through his term, I have confidence she could pick up the baton. I think her "bad cop" image will be a good contrast to Biden's "good cop."

I do think that as idealistic as I believe I am, there is a time for pragmatism, and this election is one of those times. With a different Republican president I might have picked Howie Hawkins, but this is not one of them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Yppej
    Catherine do you doubt that Biden will carry Vermont and its electoral votes, that you are not considering Hawkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Catherine do you doubt that Biden will carry Vermont and its electoral votes, that you are not considering Hawkins?
    Hmmm... I'll have to think about that. Good point. Do you know if Vermont is as blue as other states like New Jersey? I think it's pretty divided.

I kind of like Harris, I think for the most part she's been a good and responsible public servant. I know she's played a bit with going full leftie recently but that's just her way of fitting in with cool kids I think. I'm a bit surprised though that during these recent times of anti-police, anti-law & order, anti-just-about-anything-that-defines-a-civil-society, she would be the choice of a candidate concerned with capturing the affection of the most vocal members of his base.

I'd also think that Biden didn't make that choice. I think Harris was chosen by those representatives of the Democratic Party who realize they're not tasked with choosing a vice president, but rather choosing Biden's first term successor and realizing that the true far-left leaning prospects won't cut it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan makes sense. It’s all one big game. But I like Biden/Harris better than Trump/Pence.

Back in 1991, my government professor made it very clear that no one in Washington is like us. As much as they may argue with each other, they are on one side and everyone else is on the other side. They have their own special health insurance, for example, while the rest of us hope for Medicare someday. I wonder if that professor was a libertarian.

Thread Information