Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocking up for the fall/winter

SiouxQ - bet the wood being stacked saves you a ton of time!

I think I'm pretty much good for the majority stuff. I'm giving up on keto, just too hard with the stuff going on. Too expensive, too! I want to get a bunch of canned tomatoes, corn, and black beans for the soup I make. Quick and easy. I'll either do Aldi or Walmart pickup for that.

Tradd - canned tomatoes are a good idea. For some reason, I needed to buy a lot of Teddie peanut butter since the pandemic started. I will probably stock up a bit more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tradd - canned tomatoes are a good idea. For some reason, I needed to buy a lot of Teddie peanut butter since the pandemic started. I will probably stock up a bit more of that.
    Did a Walmart pickup order for tomorrow. You can only get 6 of each, but I got around that a bit by getting several different types.

Got another order from Walmart online today. I'm now stashing canned goods under my bed, as there is no more room in the cabinets!

I do think I'm going to order another box or two of the disposable procedure masks from Costco. We have some reusable cloth masks and they are fine for some scenarios, but the disposables are more comfortable and don't muffle speech as much, so they are better for other scenarios.

I do think I'm going to order another box or two of the disposable procedure masks from Costco. We have some reusable cloth masks and they are fine for some scenarios, but the disposables are more comfortable and don't muffle speech as much, so they are better for other scenarios.
    I bought those at Costco in July, and I use them exclusively. They are SO much more comfortable--especially in the summer.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I like well-made masks with nosepieces, filter pockets, and ear adjusters. The latest I've found are from the felicitously-named Beau-Ties of Vermont: https://www.beautiesltd.com/collections/face-masks

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I like well-made masks with nosepieces, filter pockets, and ear adjusters. The latest I've found are from the felicitously-named Beau-Ties of Vermont: https://www.beautiesltd.com/collections/face-masks
    Kind of funny that most of my cloth masks are from Los Angeles and you are getting them from VT!

Kind of funny that most of my cloth masks are from Los Angeles and you are getting them from VT!
    The others I bought were from Portland. Let's hear if for the USPS!

Posted in another thread that my bil just redid my pantry with more and deeper shelves. Once I get everything back into it, I will have a better idea of an inventory. Yay!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We were stocked a bit when things went nutty here. Between prepping for retirement and frugal practices, I tend to buy more than what I need for 2 weeks. I had deliberately bought soap and paper stuff anticipating DH’s retirement. Except for running out of lunch bags we had enough and I could anticipate when we’d run out. My idea was to buy in advance things which don’t go bad, to spend the $ when I still had it, and make things easier when I didn’t. Then covid happened....

Much of my backstock is gone. Some of it I’ve managed to replace, some I haven't. My pantry was always planned for two weeks’ of food during winter, to eliminate trips out. That worked to our advantage. But my cushion is gone now.
    Last edited by NewGig; 9-1-20 at 9:18am.

Thread Information