Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocking up for the fall/winter

Yppej
    I am also not finding paper towels to stock up, only single rolls, no multipacks. But my area has toilet paper.

The regular grocery store had plenty of paper towels and toilet paper, but not the Target a 1/4 mile down the road.

I just doubted the TP under my bed. 108 rolls. That doesn’t count the partial pack in the bathroom. I’m set for a while!

Only 10 rolls of paper towels. I mostly use them for cleaning certain areas, such as under the toilet seat, or the occasional very messy jobs.

IL: That is very frustrating! I've only had one person flake on me when giving things way on my FB giving group. It was a pile of magazines and I ended up giving them to a neighbor yesterday, who seemed glad to have them.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

I just doubted the TP under my bed. 108 rolls.
    Believe in your math skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Believe in your math skills.
    COUNTED, not doubted! Stupid phone!

We are stocking up on everything...buy a little extra every week. I am also cooking in bulk and freezing the extra. The shelves are getting to be bare at the local Smiths every week by Fri.

Wow IL I never have that many people flake on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Wow IL I never have that many people flake on me.
    Due to the many years of flakiness I learn how to deal with the no-shows.

Twice a year I set out big piles of Iris and other plants. . They are trimmed and they’re ready to plant. I’ve gone to that amount of work for iris plants because I’ve learned people are stupid and they don’t know how to plant iris. So at least I will give these iris plants a good start in life by Trimming them appropriately.

So my method after years of dealing with people is to put iris outside by my garage in the alley. I put a notice on Nextdoor “come and get them.” My intent is to do no more communication because my time has value. If no one wants the iris that’s perfectly OK, and after a reasonable time of a week or so I will transfer them to the compost dumpster.

But everyone expects me to answer questions such as “are there any iris left? Are there any purple Iris there? Do you know the names of the Iris you’re giving away? I can’t come this week but can you save me some because I’m out of town? “ I hate these questions And I don’t get paid to answer them. If these people want that kind of Iris service they can go to mid America Gardens or schreiner’s. And there they pay $10 per rhizome and up.

I get increasingly tired of dealing with these people. I set my boundaries about communications. I’m perfectly happy to give away product but I will not give away my time. My time is the thing that has value.

But of course this year as I do every year I cross that boundary and I do a special favor for someone and regret it. And it is seldom appreciated. I will have to communicate with Iris girl who for whom I dug and marked $150 Worth of iris to say hey lady, I still have this Iris for you and in a week I will give it awayif you don’t get it.

And I’m sure my note will sound bitchy to her, but it just is laying out the conditions for which I will continue to hold this crap for her.

I regret doing this work. I shouldn’t of done it and I know better.

Iris, I admire your system. Now you know to NOT EVER do what you gave in to do this time. Probably a good lesson to keep in your head next time you think, 'Oh isn't it lovely that she wants them..."

Local chain grocery store had Progresso soup on sale for 2/$4. Got a bunch since I regularly eat it.

Thread Information