Thread: Stocking up for the fall/winter

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You're so practical, Alan.
    Alan is The Man!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You're so practical, Alan.
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Alan is The Man!
    Okay, I'm now stocked up for the fall. Everyone please carry on and I'll get back with you in December for my winter ego boost.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Kind of laxed off in this area for a bit in an effort to save some money on groceries. Grains and beans are well-stocked right now, but will look at picking up a few more canned goods and seeing what fruits and veggies are in season/on sale for drying.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I put 6lbs of hamburger on the list that was 94% lean and he came home with 2.8. I bought the same from Walmart and it still had a bunch of grease. I will check Winco again next week.

Freezers and cupboards are full with overflow in the basement. Happy to have everything. Prices are going up up up. So are the COVID numbers here.... 6000 positive yesterday with 53 deaths for the day. Plan on staying out of businesses for the near future.

Bought ground beef, stew meat and roasts from local farmer. Paid a little more but the meat is wonderful. I know where it came from and help a local business. Not interested in pink slime.

Yppej
    I have some gaps in my winter wardrobe I am going to try to fill this weekend before the nation's dictators try to shut down stores again. In order to try on clothes I will have to go to an adjacent state. This is unnecessary travel in a pandemic that could be avoided if local stores exercised common sense. There is no longer a state ban on trying on clothes and not a single case of covid has been traced to contamination via surfaces. It's a respiratory virus. But stores are paranoid.

Stocking up on wine at Costco this morning so that we don't have to go out again for the holidays. So many baskets stuffed with toilet paper that it was hard not to laugh.

So glad the numbers here are stable thanks to responsible leadership and responsible following of the safety recommendations. Our caring leaders are not having to implement life saving lockdowns at this time.

Just unpacked my latest case of TP, so we're good there. All prescription meds are mail-order, and we're pretty well stocked on OTC stuff. My pantry is bulging and now we're just replacing what we use as we shop about every 3-4 weeks. I've noticed an uptick on prices, some large - the 3# bag of almond flour I got last month is 5 dollars HIGHER this month, so I switched to another brand and bought 25#. I'll have to freeze some of it, but it was just over half of the price of the next cheapest alternative. I have to say I really appreciate the sellers on Amazon these days!

Yppej
    Toilet paper has gone up in price again but I have enough that it should last until we get a vaccine. I think other paper goods will also go up so I bought a bunch of tissue boxes since so far their price is still the same.

Thread Information