Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why trump says he is holding up coronavirus aid.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yeah, his indoctrination as a lifelong Democrat makes him dangerously impulsive and a poor Federalist.
    That is why I don't understand why you keep "backing" trump????? He voted as a Democrat for years and contributed to many Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    That is why I don't understand why you keep "backing" trump????? He voted as a Democrat for years and contributed to many Democrats!
    Why do you keep accusing me of this? Not hating your enemy doesn't make me your enemies friend. I'll admit that I prefer a conservative, preferably Republican governing body and will always choose a candidate based upon the odds of achieving that goal. Sometimes I get what I want, sometimes I don't, just like you, but I promise you that when you win and I lose, I won't question your character. Virtual Pinky Swear!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Why do you keep accusing me of this? Not hating your enemy doesn't make me your enemies friend. I'll admit that I prefer a conservative, preferably Republican governing body and will always choose a candidate based upon the odds of achieving that goal. Sometimes I get what I want, sometimes I don't, just like you, but I promise you that when you win and I lose, I won't question your character. Virtual Pinky Swear!
    How is this questioning your character? It is an observation.

How is this questioning your character? It is an observation.
    A somewhat flawed observation, repeated over and over and over again, while refusing to accept nuanced responses to the contrary seems to be an attempt to uncover the character flaw you know must be there. Otherwise, what's the point?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

A somewhat flawed observation, repeated over and over and over again, while refusing to accept nuanced responses to the contrary seems to be an attempt to uncover the character flaw you know must be there. Otherwise, what's the point?
    I don't think it is flawed. You keep backing trump as evidenced by your replies.

I don't think it is flawed. You keep backing trump as evidenced by your replies.
    LOL, Ok... for letting me know.

LOL, Ok... for letting me know.
    You’re welcome!

Alan frustrates me too at times. I don’t understand how anyone can defend our current administration.

But what I’ve observed about Alan is that he is a conservative at heart, does not agree with much/any of Trump’s morally problematic choices, wants all the data before making any decision, and is an eternal optimist. Therefore he is less alarmed than I am about the state of our nation. However I would never question his willingness to help me out in a pinch, nor to entertain me graciously in his home.

Alan - am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Alan - am I close?
    Close enough! Especially if you bring wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Alan frustrates me too at times. I don’t understand how anyone can defend our current administration.

But what I’ve observed about Alan is that he is a conservative at heart, does not agree with much/any of Trump’s morally problematic choices, wants all the data before making any decision, and is an eternal optimist. Therefore he is less alarmed than I am about the state of our nation. However I would never question his willingness to help me out in a pinch, nor to entertain me graciously in his home.

Alan - am I close?
    Close enough! Especially if you bring wine.
    Tammy has actually done a really good job of describing my perception of you as well. Honestly I don't hate you or think you're a dreadful person. I just can't quite wrap my head around your sunny optimism about the current administration or the country's ability to survive it. But that's just a difference in perspective I suppose. As for the wine I won't knock Tammy's ability to bring a nice bottle of wine, but have you seen my workspace? There's a lot of empty spots on those racks because we haven't been up to Sonoma since February. All the really good, older, bottles have been steadily working their way into the recycle bin over the last five months or so.

office new.jpg

Thread Information