Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There has been a change of plans...

There has been a change of plans...

I've mentioned here a few times that SO and I are lifelong renters and expected to remain so until we retire ten years from now and then move somewhere cheaper than San Francisco and would buy something.

Well, three weeks ago we went to look at a house on a whim. It was awesome. In a complex were a good friend lives, (and is also the HOA president, which is how we knew that a bank owned unit was about to go on the market). We found a buyer's agent and made an offer. And didn't get the place. But since we now had a real estate agent we looked at a few more places. And yesterday we made another offer on a different place. Now we have an accepted offer on a gorgeous 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhouse in Marin County, about 20 minutes north of the city. Barring some catastrophy in the escrow process (inspections have been done and financing approved already) we will be homeowners roughly 30 days from now!

living room.jpg
    patio.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    front.jpg

Such exciting news! That’s wonderful! It is nice being a homeowner and you can do things to your house that you couldn’t as a renter.

I love that staircase. Congrats!

It is lovely and spacious. Enjpy!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Very nice!!

Love that private patio space--and Marin County! Such happy news.

Congratulations!! The place is gorgeous!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Very nice -- love that patio!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thanks you all for your kind words. We are both excited beyond belief.

There is another unit for sale there where we had placed a successful backup offer (it already had a contingent offer when we viewed it but we would have gotten it if that had fallen out of escrow). It had an even better, and bigger since it was an end unit, patio but not the super cool staircase that this one has. And one less bathroom. Honestly I think this one is better. it’s slightly bigger and has one more bathroom.

Honestly I’m still kind of dumbfounded at the speed that this whole process took place. And terrified at the prospect of packing up and moving after ten years in our current place. Need boxes. Lots of boxes... if this were househunters it’s just be a quick commercial and then “[ding dong] JP and SO Have moved into their new place. Let’s see how they are adjusting.”

Go to U-Haul for good boxes. I’ve read they will buy back unused ones. Crappy boxes make a move miserable.

Thread Information