Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: There has been a change of plans...

Hope you have many happy memories there!

Thank you all for the kind words. We already had our first visitor. A dear friend who lives 10 minutes away brought over a bottle of champagne and we sat out in the patio to enjoy it! The previous owner left two patio dining room type chairs and we had brought over a step stool so we could even sit down! The neighborhood is so quiet. There’s a wilderness park behind us and the street is a dead end so no traffic noise at all. I have literally never lived anywhere this quiet.

Today the painters are tackling the popcorn ceiling. Moving day is Sunday so hopefully they will be done by then.

Peace and quiet is a precious, rare commodity. And a nature preserve!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Peace and quiet is a precious, rare commodity. And a nature preserve!
    Agreed, and a commodity I sometimes take for granted. We're at the end of a cul-de-sac with heavily treed borders all around and in-between the houses on the street. We never hear the noises of civilization or even see our neighbor's homes until the leaves fall, as they soon will. That makes it a forever home.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I live between a golf course and a state park, and it's still the noisiest place I've ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I live between a golf course and a state park, and it's still the noisiest place I've ever lived.
    FORE!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    FORE!
    Haha! Not quite that close--that would have to be a record-breaking drive. But I did have three deer in my driveway yesterday, presumably visitors from the park.

Update now that we’ve been here a month. We still LOVE it. We’re mostly unpacked. SO has installed pullout shelves in the pantry. And we’ve had a few friends over for socially distanced brunches in the back yard. We’ve been able to cook and eat outside probably three times per week. And when I’m done working for the day I’ve come outside almost every day to read. The wildlife has been fun to watch too. I didn’t expect to see too much in the park behind us since it’s pretty small and surrounded by residential developments but it’s been great. Today we almost had an episode of murder! The wild turkeys were just outside the fence eating dinner when they all started talking. There was a coyote up the hill stalking them! One went to investigate and then he (she?) gave the alert and the all flew up into the trees just as the coyote made a failed attempt to catch one for dinner. (I didn’t know turkeys could fly. They looked clumsy but they got up into the trees. And for the next twenty minutes they kept chatting before the leader flew down, took a good look around and then gave the all clear and they all came back down and went back to eating dinner. .

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Update now that we’ve been here a month. We still LOVE it. We’re mostly unpacked. SO has installed pullout shelves in the pantry. And we’ve had a few friends over for socially distanced brunches in the back yard. We’ve been able to cook and eat outside probably three times per week. And when I’m done working for the day I’ve come outside almost every day to read. The wildlife has been fun to watch too. I didn’t expect to see too much in the park behind us since it’s pretty small and surrounded by residential developments but it’s been great. Today we almost had an episode of murder! The wild turkeys were just outside the fence eating dinner when they all started talking. There was a coyote up the hill stalking them! One went to investigate and then he (she?) gave the alert and the all flew up into the trees just as the coyote made a failed attempt to catch one for dinner. (I didn’t know turkeys could fly. They looked clumsy but they got up into the trees. And for the next twenty minutes they kept chatting before the leader flew down, took a good look around and then gave the all clear and they all came back down and went back to eating dinner. .
    Such drama - I love it! Saturday morning I got the best, closest longest look at a coyote right in front of our house. It was very beautiful.

Love seeing nature in action! It balances out the human madness.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information