Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There has been a change of plans...

Very nice! Congratulations!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Congratulations! And Bravo for taking this huge step!

Just wired $22,000 to the escrow account. This is getting real now!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Given the money we’re dropping To buy the place the cost of movers is pennies. We’ve used movers twice now and I would never consider doing it myself again.
    I can only recommend to declutter as much as you can before moving. It makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I can only recommend to declutter as much as you can before moving. It makes a huge difference.
    Thanks. I definitely plan to. We just have too much stuff. There's a whole storage room in the basement with stuff we never use.

Is this your first home purchase? Mine was over 40 years ago but I still remember how exciting that was.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I remember buying my condo--at an open house during the 1977 NBA playoffs (Which Portland won). After looking at MANY properties, I knew immediately that it was The One. And I got home in time to watch the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Is this your first home purchase? Mine was over 40 years ago but I still remember how exciting that was.
    Yes. One of the few downsides of having lived in or near the two most expensive US cities for all my adult life is the cost of real estate. If anyone had ever told me I’d one day sign up for an almost $600k loan for anything I would have assumed them to be crazy, yet here I am. But yeah, it’s quite exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yes. One of the few downsides of having lived in or near the two most expensive US cities for all my adult life is the cost of real estate. If anyone had ever told me I’d one day sign up for an almost $600k loan for anything I would have assumed them to be crazy, yet here I am. But yeah, it’s quite exciting.
    They will probably make you sign an acknowledgement that spells out exactly how much you will be paying the mortgage company over the full life of the loan. DON’T LOOK AT THAT FIGURE, JUST SIGN IT!

—signed iris, still having nightmares over that figure for my first $45,000 house.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    They will probably make you sign an acknowledgement that spells out exactly how much you will be paying the mortgage company over the full life of the loan. DON’T LOOK AT THAT FIGURE, JUST SIGN IT!

—signed iris, still having nightmares over that figure for my first $45,000 house.
    Actually I’ve already seen that. Only 45#% of the purchase price. And we plan to pay enough towards principal to have it paid off by the time we retire in ten years.

Thread Information