Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenosha exposes America as it really is.....

Walker was anything but good for Wisconsin. He ruined the living wages that public employees received. Most teachers, etc retired if they could because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    As to the theory that the violence we are currently seeing is the work of goons hired for some purpose to create chaos while the peaceful people are home polishing their halos, if there was substantial proof of that wouldnít the media be trumpeting it all over?
    Not necessarily. When it was confirmed a cou POP me weeks ago that umbrella man in Minneapolis was a white supreme sit and not a BLM supporter it barely made a peep in the news. Sure, there were a few articles about it but it didnít became part of the big conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Walker was anything but good for Wisconsin. He ruined the living wages that public employees received. Most teachers, etc retired if they could because of him.
    That was the threat back in 2010, but schools and governments still seem to be functioning. We did see that when workers had the option, they left the unions in droves.

I think on balance Scott Walker was good for Wisconsin. We certainly arenít suffering from the massively underfunded pensions and bad credit Illinois is currently dealing with.
    Public employee pensions in the USA are funded about 72%, on average. The states with the greatest underfunding issues hover around 40% funded: IL, KY, NJ, and CT.

The Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) has been hovering around 100% funded... The WRS was created (by merging various predecessor pensions) in 1975 on the principle of "shared risk". Unlike other states, whose legislatures define the retiree benefits, and often include a COLA like Illinois' 3% per year, WRS benefit varies as a function of the returns that are earned on WRS investments.

The WRS functioned on the shared risk principle since 1975, long before Gov Walker was in office. Walker's government did institute some reforms in the formulas for employee vesting, matching, etc. Walker's reforms likely did slightly improve the solvency of the WRS.

http://reason.org/commentary/the-wis...r-other-states

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Not necessarily. When it was confirmed a cou POP me weeks ago that umbrella man in Minneapolis was a white supreme sit and not a BLM supporter it barely made a peep in the news. Sure, there were a few articles about it but it didnít became part of the big conversation.
    Still not buying the Reichstag fire meme. The media loves a right wing villain. Look how they piled on those Covington HS kids.

All the people that could retire did.

I think on balance Scott Walker was good for Wisconsin. We certainly arenít suffering from the massively underfunded pensions and bad credit Illinois is currently dealing with. And he did help eliminate the unionsí power to create closed shops in government employment, much to the fury of the unions and the politicians they funded.

As to the theory that the violence we are currently seeing is the work of goons hired for some purpose to create chaos while the peaceful people are home polishing their halos, if there was substantial proof of that wouldnít the media be trumpeting it all over?
    Walker sucked for Wisconsin.... depleted the funds that were to fix the roads, got FoxConn that is still not doing what they said they would do, plus others that I can't glean off the top of my head right now. And, why is the media not trumpeting that the kid who killed the people in Kenosha as a trump supporter... where on Fox News (trump's favorite station) they are basically heralding the kid a hero. I would say that is bringing in outside forces to cause havoc!!! This reminds me of Hitler bringing in young men... except here it is called a militia. trump's ads are talking how things are going to be worse under Biden. I truly don't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    All the people that could retire did.
    That’s a pretty broad statement. I could have retired but didn’t for another ten years. I wasn’t all that outraged over paying half of my pension contribution. It was still a good deal.

Still not buying the Reichstag fire meme. The media loves a right wing villain. Look how they piled on those Covington HS kids.
    I suppose the kid that went to Kenosha and killed a couple of protestors is just a random fluke. Although an entirely predictable fluke. As weíve seen time and again wherever there are BLM protestors there are sure to be trump fanboys out to kill them. What was not predictable was that he would become a hero to the right but apparently white nationalism advisor to the president, Stephen Miller and Tucker Carlson both think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I suppose the kid that went to Kenosha and killed a couple of protestors is just a random fluke. Although an entirely predictable fluke. As we’ve seen time and again wherever there are BLM protestors there are sure to be trump fanboys out to kill them.
    There seems to be a lot of video of that incident. It looks like he was being chased down the street by a small group, at least one with a handgun. It appeared to me that if he hadn't fallen down he may have gotten away unharmed but once he was down and the group continued to advance, what was their intent? I wonder what any one of us here would have done at that point?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information