Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Kenosha exposes America as it really is.....

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I hope there are long-lasting effects from the demonstrations, or they will have been in vain. Democracy is often messy.
    I agree with this, and there will be long lasting repercussions that some people like and long lasting repercussions that the same people do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I can remember living in the 97206 in SE Portland in the mid 90's. I would come from from work in the Summer and gave a gin znd tonic while sitting on my porch. If you craned your neck far enough you could even see a sliver of the West Hills from my front porch. Those were good days - and that Portland seems a relic of another area.

I just wish some kind of resolution could happen, that America could somehow drop the hypocrisy and be humane and value human life more. Portland is too special and beautiful a place to be destroyed because of America. Rob
    I lived all over Portland for more than twenty years, when it was basically a bucolic, one-horse town; then i lived in a Portland suburb for another ten. As far as I can tell, the major problem facing Portlanders is homelessness, as most of the West Coast has a mild climate, conducive to living rough. The cost of housing is another problem that affects most of the area. I haven't seen signs that Portland's being destroyed, but I agree that we need a lot more humane solutions to problems in general.

Two militia members from Missouri were arrested in Kenosha and will appear before a judge on 9/8. The FBI was involved. They could serve 10 years if convicted. I really hope more are prosecuted.

Thread Information