Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insane Local Border Officials Overreach

Insane Local Border Officials Overreach

Best call of the week here:

San Juan County Sheriff Log, August 22nd:

“Orcas and San Juan deputies responded with U.S. Coast Guard and the Dept. of Homeland Security to a suspicious call. It was reported that a black duffel bag was dropped from a low flying aircraft to a waiting boat. After an investigation, it was determined the bag contained ice cream. The ice cream was not shared with the responders.”

Well, we are always told to call if something looks suspicious. That certainly meets the criteria.

Haha! Not shared? I don't think so.. not if I were in that boat.

But what kind of a place do you live in where you have to get ice cream flown in? I'll have to call Ben and Jerry's here in VT to see if they'll do a fly-over Lake Champlain!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Best call of the week here:

San Juan County Sheriff Log, August 22nd:

“Orcas and San Juan deputies responded with U.S. Coast Guard and the Dept. of Homeland Security to a suspicious call. It was reported that a black duffel bag was dropped from a low flying aircraft to a waiting boat. After an investigation, it was determined the bag contained ice cream. The ice cream was not shared with the responders.”
    Have to strongly disagree, Bae. It was exactly the right thing for them to do.
    On our farm we suddenly had a helicopter without insignia hovering over our house. Suddenly there were fully armed officers without insignia running in front of our house. I phoned the OPP and asked if I should be concerned. They were delighted to know where the copter was. It was a cannabis raid by the feds who were operating independently from the local police.

We now have such a problem with illegal cannabis grow-ops since legalization that the criminal element is finding all kinds of delivery methods exchanging Canadian cannabis for US supplies of cocaine in every conceivable manner. A dufflebag dropped from a copter would trigger a lot of interest as it would hold a substantial supply. I am watching zoom meetings of different municipalities struggling to control the sprouting of greenhouse hoop operations which do not require a building permit. The police are represented every time saying that anytime, you see something strange, report and we promise we will investigate.

It is a HUGE problem with families terrified as the municipalities were not prepared for the large criminal gangs moving into small or rural communities.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...gara-1.5695691

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/flyi...-b-c-1.3808316
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Have to strongly disagree, Bae. It was exactly the right thing for them to do.

My thread title was meant in humor :-) This is right on the US/Canada border, and there are all sorts of serious hijinks here, but the "icecream drop" was just hilarious.

It was probably a trial run to see what would happen. Nothing funny about a trial run. Any responsible pilot would know not to do this kind of foolishness.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    It was probably a trial run to see what would happen. Nothing funny about a trial run. Any responsible pilot would know not to do this kind of foolishness.
    After comments on the incident, several local farms had airdrops today of cool food items from the mainland delivered by local pilots having fun. Apparently the tacos survived the drop better than expected. I have high hopes for some doughnuts soon.

While I suppose halfwits with money have every right to indulge their whims, it doesn’t strike me as insane overreach to check something like that out.

Razz, I wondered why we get so darn much helicopter traffic over our fields and that's probably why. It drives the sheepdog nuts.

I enjoyed the humor: ). Thanks.

Thread Information