Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Finds

Yppej

New Finds

My latest is green cola, sweetened with stevia, made from green coffee beans. Previously it was nopalitos. What have you discovered lately?

I have discovered that I can make my own cold brew decaf latte.. When I put real cream in, it is 2 Weight Watchers points. Sweetened with Stevia. Next month maybe I’ll see if I can Make it with whole milk, that should cut down on a point.

Well, it's not homemade, and it's not new, but I LOVE ginger beer lately. And if I don't feel like drinking when my neighbors are sitting around imbibing, ginger "beer" throws them off--they assume I'm drinking and I get to still be a member of the club.

I only buy the kind with REAL ginger. Then I feel like it's healthy for me. (Don't burst my bubble)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Ginger beer! That is brilliant!

I’ve been looking for something different to drink, low calorie or no calorie. I forgot that I like ginger beer the times that I tried it many years ago. Amazon sells a low calorie ginger beer I may order it.

Ginger ale--half and half sugared and SF; various soup bases, some Asian; Asian--inspired bone broths; frozen tamales from Tucson Tamale Company; mole skillet sauce (because I'm too lazy to make it); and strawberry Kool-Aid.

I have a short food bucket list of foods and checked one off yesterday. Triple decker pimento cheese and peanut butter. Something of a delicacy that would occasionally get packed into my school sack lunches. Those little jars of Kraft pimento cheese were pricey then and so we didn't get it often. The jars are still pricey, but as a once off for ever and ever it brought back hints of school day memories. Maybe not a new discovery but a revival of an old one.

I have been experimenting with udon and soba noodles, which are generally good with stir fry and a nice change up to replace rice or the usual pasta.

I have never heard of ginger beer. I am drinking flavored sparkling water and a really good alcohol free beer with 70 calories. I have lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have never heard of ginger beer. I am drinking flavored sparkling water and a really good alcohol free beer with 70 calories. I have lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks.
    I wouldn't have known of ginger beer either if it hadn't been for my Scottish in-laws, but it's awesome. (IL, you have Scottish relatives, too, right?)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I wouldn't have known of ginger beer either if it hadn't been for my Scottish in-laws, but it's awesome. (IL, you have Scottish relatives, too, right?)
    Yes. I last had it years ago when we had a Burns night dinner at our house. I also like ginger a lot.

Our local Burns dinner usually has 300 people attend.

Thread Information