Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Finds

I have a stash of flavored sparkling waters too--coconut, peach, grapefruit, plain. And it will be time for tea soon.

Black soy beans -- enough fiber that I can fit them into my keto eating plan for chili, refried beans, soups,...

I'd like to look for them dried. I know they're out there; I just need to make the effort.

ETA found three sources of them (two beyond Amazon); I'll be ordering from non-Amazon (a better price than theirs and dried/soaked is much cheaper than I've been paying for canned black soy beans).
    Last edited by SteveinMN; 8-30-20 at 11:15am.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Ginger beer is yummy. We recently discovered a new "spiked soda" called Nantucket Blue. It is blueberry flavored and quite good. I like these drinks because they are low calorie and low alcohol.

Introduced a neighbor to my raw salsa verde, which they liked. I freeze some as cubes, which we use like bottled salsa on foods. I also freeze some in blocks, for making chili, etc.

We bought frozen tamales and they were okay but not wonderful. Made me decide to make my own. Also decided I need to start making pork sausage. When foods cheapen up enough to become profitable commercially, frequently the quality or taste goes down so much that it’s not worth buying any more. I have been expecting this with pork since the pork producers got the right to self-regulate, something which seems to never work.

We found an amazing new coffee ice cream at one of our favorite shore towns, so yesterday we drove 50 miles each way for ice cream. It's espresso ice cream with these little flecks of coffee bean--it's not sweet, just incredibly creamy. That was dinner and entertainment all in one.

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Not new, but finally revisited the recipe again after a long while - shoepeg corn, black bean and feta cheese dip. Goes good with the homemade wheat thin recipe I have.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Not new, but finally revisited the recipe again after a long while - shoepeg corn, black bean and feta cheese dip. Goes good with the homemade wheat thin recipe I have.
    Yum! Can you post the recipe? That sounds right up my alley.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We found an amazing new coffee ice cream at one of our favorite shore towns, so yesterday we drove 50 miles each way for ice cream. It's espresso ice cream with these little flecks of coffee bean--it's not sweet, just incredibly creamy. That was dinner and entertainment all in one.
    Wow, that must be the best ice cream ever to make such a journey worthwhile!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yum! Can you post the recipe? That sounds right up my alley.
    1 can shoepeg corn - 12 oz. (I actually get the frozen)
    1 can black beans 15 oz - drained and rinsed
    8 oz feta cheese - crumbled
    scallions, diced or chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1 tsp garlic (I use more - lol)

Combined and eat!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information