Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi again!

Hi again!

I used to be part of the SL forum about 5 years ago...you all helped me out so much! I am glad to be back and happy to see some familiar names are still around. I used to live in NJ and three years ago, hubby and I moved to NM to our dream home.
    Glad to be back and getting back to being more frugal during this time.

Welcome back!

Welcome back, Citrine!

Welcome! How do you like NM? We live in Nevada and love it. I have lived in the East and also Midwest but nothing compares to here.

Glad that you are back. Share with us about your life in NM - why that state, the things you like and some that have surprised you.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good to see you back!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Welcome back, citrine. Where abouts do you live in NM.?
    i lived in Las cruces for a few years eons ago. Went back to Cruces to visit. It has its charm in history and architecture, but
    i dislike the desert so could not live there.

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about life in NM.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We live in Tijeras....between Albuquerque and Santa Fe....absolutely love it so far. We had come here a few years back to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary and just fell in love with the place. It's been a great experience so far, met some great people, started our businesses and had them take off, bought our house. We really have been surprised by how conservative some parts of the state are and a bit backwards...but we have found our tribe, so not an issue!
    We love how there is so much room to roam and so much nautral beauty all around us....we have 2 acres and what a blessing to have all this land!
    I do miss NJ pizza though....not much good ethnic stuff around. I have paused my massage therapy business until the Fall and started cooking indian food for people here...that business is taking off! I might have to look into a little restaurant or food truck soon!

Quote Originally Posted by citrine View Post
    We live in Tijeras....between Albuquerque and Santa Fe....absolutely love it so far. We had come here a few years back to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary and just fell in love with the place. It's been a great experience so far, met some great people, started our businesses and had them take off, bought our house. We really have been surprised by how conservative some parts of the state are and a bit backwards...but we have found our tribe, so not an issue!We love how there is so much room to roam and so much nautral beauty all around us....we have 2 acres and what a blessing to have all this land!I do miss NJ pizza though....not much good ethnic stuff around. I have paused my massage therapy business until the Fall and started cooking indian food for people here...that business is taking off! I might have to look into a little restaurant or food truck soon!
    Mexico is one of the poorest states in the union so that can mean some lack of “progressive ideas. “I love Indian food. Good for you for bringing more of that to the Southwest. That reminds me that on Thanksgiving 2017 when we were driving to Las Cruces, we stopped at an Indian restaurant on Thanksgiving day because that’s what was open in Oklahoma.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-3-20 at 6:45pm.

Thread Information