Thread: Specific performance

Specific performance

I was talking to a realtor friend yesterday and she as really upset because she had sold a house sight unseen to a couple who had signed all the closing papers and arrived yesterday after driving across the country to finally see the house. When they saw the house, they hated it and refused to transfer the money. Now the seller is suing the buyer--not sure if it is for specific performance.
    Do you think buyer should be forced to buy the house?

I would think that the principle of specific performance would prevail unless it could be shown that the property in question was not presented properly such as undisclosed flaws. I guess in this case I'd reserve judgement on whether or not the buyer should complete the transaction without further information.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

If I were the seller, I think I would just move on, keeping earnest money if I could, and sell to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    If I were the seller, I think I would just move on, keeping earnest money if I could, and sell to someone else.
    Right, me too.

I wouldn't want to tie up the property in this market. But she says the seller is suing. I hope they are not suing her!

Thread Information