Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: September Purge

"Magic sidewalk"--LOL!!!

That's how I got rid of the pounds and pounds of Italian prunes my poor old tree produced in what appears to be its death throes.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Happy I think came up with the term magic sidewalk)

We have the magic Alley. It’s like the river Gangez, there’s a constant stream of stuff going into it and coming out of it. In Previous decades I was a “picker” but I try not to do that anymore. I dont need more crap. But I do have a small table sitting in my living room from the alley, recently picked, that needs a coat of paint or something to make it cute. I had planned to doll it up to sell it at our park conservancy sale.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We have the magic Alley. It’s like the river Gangez, there’s a constant stream of stuff going into it and coming out of it. In Previous decades I was a “picker” but I try not to do that anymore. I dont need more crap. But I do have a small table sitting in my living room from the alley, recently picked, that needs a coat of paint or something to make it cute. I had planned to doll it up to sell it at our park conservancy sale.
    Yeah, but you own three places now. It probably fits in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yeah, but you own three places now. It probably fits in somewhere.
    This table is not cute enough for me. It needs to go to someone else. It has a vaguely mid century modern look to it.

I wish I had a magic "anything!" We live on a little road; no magic spots here, sigh.

When we removed the 1/2 of a room of boxes of books from our bedroom, so we could add the bookcases, unknown to me at the time, DH filled his closet with boxes. The closet was blocked, and I went through all of those months ago. But a while back, I realized I'd missed about 4 boxes IN the closet. I've tackled 1/2 of them now. There's a partial box for the local bookstore. If I go to the college town where the shop is tomorrow, I may take it. (I did last week.) Or, I may wait until I fill it. Either way, there's one less box of books, about 50 in DH's closet!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Doing a closet-drawer purge. One and 1/2 large grocery bag full. Hoping to fill the second one by the end of the week and donate on Saturday. I've really decided to go very basic with my wardrobe even though I've always loved clothes. I'm tired of the "too-muchness."

Looking at retirement in the next year, so not really caring much about looking fab at the job. No one sees me much anyway with most staying home. Who cares what I look like? I can wear the same thing twice in a row (horrors!) and no one notices.
    I have enough clothes to get through 30 years other than jeans-I buy 2 at a time and they last about 18 months. 1 new pair of walking shoes each year. That's about it!

I ruthlessly went through the bookcase in my quilting studio. Top shelf: textbooks from Nursing school. About 14 linear inches. Gone!

Bottom shelf: 12 linear inches of clothing patterns. Gone! Clothes are way too cheap today while fabric is expensive and time is a finite resource much more than it was 30 years ago!

Wohoo!!!!

Good for you on the nursing textbooks!

After a month of being too busy at work to do much, I took 36 items to Goodwill today. It felt great.

Thread Information