Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September Purge

September Purge

Trying to trim the few bushes we have out front and neither of the electric hedge trimmers worked. They went straight to the Magic Sidewalk and were gone in less than 2 hours. Going to Home Depot today to get a less expensive pair of manual hedge shears. I could use the arm workout. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have a bag in the closet and intend to do more today.

Some books, a dresser scarf, a mailer, a basket, 2 vases, and a vintage ball jar.

9 books -- 7 sold, 2 to the swap shop. 2 mailers, 7 book sleeves, the last of the grass seed was used. Started using up the soil amendment we've had hanging around for years...

Bins of leaves and 3 wooden crates, which had been outside.

9/11 gave a box of books to the local bookstore. Gave a display piece to an antique shop.

9/14 starting using the china I already had that is lighter than the dinerware. Dinerware plates put aside to go to the antique shop. Two books sold.
    Last edited by NewGig; 9-14-20 at 8:53pm.

I dropped a bag of unusable old clothing items in the fabric recycling bin down the street. I also gave away an area rug via our local FB giving group.

My husband broke a chair (I have no idea how, sat on it funny) and so that's out, along with a recycled phone and an old suitcase. Need to put a bunch of stuff out on the curb today since neighbor is having a yard sale.

1 beer stein and 2 backpacks that have been hanging out in my car - to goodwill. 1 large plastic tub and a paperbox of stuff to one of our mall shops, to (hopefully) sell (at least it's out of the house for now!!). bag of paperwork shredded and dumped on the garden for mulch.

Have another batch of stuff for Habitat. My food processor died so it gets tossed. I did buy a replacement though. Some towels need to go to be replaced by extras in storage bag.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Two trips to the dump yesterday, three today. Yard waste mostly, but other odds and ends as well!

This probably doesn't really count as a purge, although it is stuff out the door. There's a woman in my town who raises chickens and I save egg cartons for her. She picked up 22 from me yesterday. It's nice to see them get another use, and I like being able to help someone out with something so easy and it costs me nothing but a tiny bit of time. This is the second time I gave her egg cartons and she picks up when she says she will, so I told her I'll keep saving them for her until she tells me to stop.

I have been on a roll lately and have 3 boxes for the thrift store. My step son was over and he wants me to help him make some decisions about some of his mom’s stuff and pictures. He is good at getting rid of stuff. He was telling his dad to do the same to his shed and garage and my husband got mad and left the room. He said that he has wanted to bring stuff to our house that he is throwing away but not letting him. I told him I was glad.

Thread Information