Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: September Purge

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have been on a roll lately and have 3 boxes for the thrift store. My step son was over and he wants me to help him make some decisions about some of his momís stuff and pictures. He is good at getting rid of stuff. He was telling his dad to do the same to his shed and garage and my husband got mad and left the room. He said that he has wanted to bring stuff to our house that he is throwing away but not letting him. I told him I was glad.
    I'm lost. Was your step son bringing stuff over and asking your dad simultaneously to keep his mom's stuff but get rid of husband's own stuff? Was dad mad or step son?

My step son is inheriting his mom’s house. My husband has been keeping him company while he cleans out. My husband can’t help because of his broken ankle. My husband wanted to bring to our house some of the stuff his son is throwing away. My step son won’t let him. My step son told his dad to get rid of his junk at our house which pissed my husband off.

Oh, I get it. Sorry, I wrote "your dad" and not "his dad"!

So glad step son will not let him bring the stuff.

My brother in law tried twice to bring a barn full of stuff to our house. I told my husband no way, I would leave first.

He has also offered to "housesit" for us living in our house for free for some unspecified time if we move.

Huh??

I canít tell yíall how happy I am that my father-in-lawĎS entire house and barns full of stuff has been liquidated and none of it came here. I had given DH warning for years that there will be no more swiss clocks no more Swiss tchotchkes coming into his house. No more. None of it is nice stuff, none of it is expensive or high-quality, It is all tourist level crap.

I was also fearing loads of tools and small farm equipment but that did not seem to enter here. If itís sitting in my garage then I donít know about it and that is fine.

A friend posted on FB Saturday that she was looking for pieces of fabric for some crafts she's doing. Boom - a bag of scraps out the door. As I'm painting my kitchen cabinets, I'm emptying them out and putting down fresh liner. I've been purging food that is WAY past it's best by date and consolidating some other stuff. Two more cabinets to go.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Nice progress with the cabinets, beckyliz. I enjoy passing on craft stuff and knowing they will actually be used versus sitting untouched in my house. lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I joined the Facebook no-buy group for my section of town. I have given away: compost bin w/lid, 6 houseplant pots, a near full bag of Iams catfood (Kylie started throwing it up every time she ate, since her brother crossed the Rainbow Bridge), 2 spider plant babies. Always curbside pickup. No one is giving away junk/garbage. Today? Free child's bike! Great group.

So happy to have found this group!

Nice!

With our unexpected blast of cold weather, I had to get out the winter clothes. Putting summery clothes away, I decided it was time to get rid of some things I haven't worn in two summers so probably not going to. The Goodwill sack is almost full.

My town doesn’t have a buy nothing group. I’m right on the border with the next town. I tried to join that town’s group and wasn’t approved because I’m not in their zip code, even though my town doesn’t have a group. Crazy.

Thread Information