Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: September Purge

Thanks, Jane! I’ll investigate that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    My town doesn’t have a buy nothing group. I’m right on the border with the next town. I tried to join that town’s group and wasn’t approved because I’m not in their zip code, even though my town doesn’t have a group. Crazy.
    Freecycle excluded me the one time I tried to use it because I had a “curb alert” announcement.

I used free cycle, once. Got yelled at by people I was giving Rose starts to that they weren’t bushes...never again.

While I haven't used freecycle in a while, for the most part it worked well for those times I did. I had a few no-shows, but usually had a list of people interested. I never posted a follow-up until the item was actually gone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This last week I've been strolling through my remaining books (hubster doesn't read on paper so they are all mine). I've reread a few and put in the thrift store basket. This morning I cleared 10 or so that I won't reread. Then I opened a kitchen cupboard: strainer never used (I had to buy a set of 3 to get the one I did actually need), tupperware container I haven't used in years (came from the thrift store that will get it back), large tupperware container I used for my workday big garden salads, a flower vase from a bouquet received in July from SIL, a little LED light that doesn't do the job I bought it for (attach to sewing machine), a cat leash (oh my hubster the funny one thought he'd train our 10yo cat!)....and I'll poke my head in a few more locations today.

This will all go to the thrift store this afternoon. I have to go pick up our CSA box so will do 3 errands enroute-I only leave the house once a week (and was doing that before Covid).

Doing a closet-drawer purge. One and 1/2 large grocery bag full. Hoping to fill the second one by the end of the week and donate on Saturday. I've really decided to go very basic with my wardrobe even though I've always loved clothes. I'm tired of the "too-muchness."

Looking at retirement in the next year, so not really caring much about looking fab at the job. No one sees me much anyway with most staying home. Who cares what I look like? I can wear the same thing twice in a row (horrors!) and no one notices.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Got rid of a pair of shoes because they are uncomfortable, and a bag of books.
    Need to up my clear out game and clear out energy.

KayLR, That's what I discovered upon retiring...I needed no more dresses, less shoes, more jeans, more casual tops. In 31 years of teaching I never wore pants except on Jeans Friday. Once I retired I may have worn a dress, skirt, jumper less than 10 times a year. I've had to buy "wedding, special occasion ' dresses and wear them to every event for a couple years. Pretending it's my "signature look". Ha! I've been retired 10 years. With COVID, and the broken hip in 2019, and the broken arm in 2019- all fixed now! I don't care much how I look when I go out. So, keep pitching out things. I need to join you!!!

Since I have a magic sidewalk I don’t bother with free cycle. I have been giving away pears. Contacted 2 local groups. One group sent one person that picked for 30 minutes and left. The other group was supposed to send someone yesterday who cancelled last minute. Asked if she could come tomorrow at 7 or 8. Are you kidding me??? Told her not before 9.

Thread Information