Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September Frugals

September Frugals

Well, I spent money, but I'm counting this as frugal because I spent "less" money - lol. Have been doing yard work and needed to trim the bushes. Going from old-to-new shed, we had found that we had two electric hedge trimmers! Well, neither one worked (out on sidewalk and gone in two hours!). So I started researching electric hedge trimmers - expensive!!!! Ended up getting a new set of manual hedge shears that work great! Plus, I'm getting that upper body workout that I wanted. LOL. And all for way less than the price of an electric trimmer.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Happy stuff, That's great to get rid of 2 non functional things so easily, get a new one that is multi tasking as you use it!!!

My friend bought sheets at a garage sale for a twin bed and it was a double. I have 3 sets for our double so put it in the thrift store bag.

I repurposed an old door and husband made it into bookcase. It was really rustic and ugly and we found it when we were cleaning out shed so I painted it with leftover white paint and am using it for my mcm china and cookbooks. (sorry about sideways)

china and cookbook.jpg

That looks nice Tybee.

Nice bookcase and neat use of old materials Tybee! Today I put a load of laundry on the line, and mended a t-shirt for DH. Researching how to keep some of my annuals over so I won't have to buy them again next year. Considering a grow-light for the basement. For HOUSE PLANTS, not for another income stream, lol.

Clever use of the door.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I love that, Tybee!

Wow, Tybee! That is fabulous!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

There is a vacant house near us that's being totally renovated for a flip. There's a small grape arbor, and we've been watching those grapes carefully. We picked some today and they are perfect! I love Concord grapes and clearly nobody else was going to enjoy them, and it would be shame for them to go to waste.

Thread Information