Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoom meetings question

They could all connect to the meeting using their phones. That's how I prefer to do my work meetings because it allows me to wander around or go out on our deck if the weather is nice. And that way it wouldn't be an issue of a bunch of socially distanced people sharing one distant microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    They could all connect to the meeting using their phones. That's how I prefer to do my work meetings because it allows me to wander around or go out on our deck if the weather is nice. And that way it wouldn't be an issue of a bunch of socially distanced people sharing one distant microphone.
    Some will connect, others would not, and I’m not gonna push the issue. Mainly I think it would be nice if the organizers, the officers, would speak in a zoom meeting and if there were people out in the yard who are standing up and speaking and I couldn’t hear them while I was sitting at home, that would be OK. I will just as soon not hear the blather anyway. But I fear that I will have to attend the meeting in person to hear the blather.

You could ask the leader of the meeting to call you on their cell and let you listen in on speaker phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You could ask the leader of the meeting to call you on their cell and let you listen in on speaker phone.
    Oh! That’s a great idea, I might try that.

Why can't you call in on your cell? I'm on zoom meetings with people on their phones all the time.

You can download the zoom app to your phone and just listen if you find the visual distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Why can't you call in on your cell? I'm on zoom meetings with people on their phones all the time.

You can download the zoom app to your phone and just listen if you find the visual distracting.
    I don’t have the zoom app on my phone but I suppose I could load it easily enough Although I don’t understand how that is better than on an iPad in what you are envisioning, I don’t find visuals distractingL Have a zoom meeting, there has to be a central planner who sets it up.

I think the speakerphone is the easiest tech solution For me as a single participant anyway. If the officers receive more than one request for a virtual access to the meeting, they will have to respond in someway other than speakerphone.

Thread Information