Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gardenarian, chk in plz

Reno is super smoky. We have been inside for 3 weeks. Yesterday the air was 500 and unhealthy I think is around 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Reno is super smoky. We have been inside for 3 weeks. Yesterday the air was 500 and unhealthy I think is around 80.
    Holy crap. Ours is up to 235 right now and I thought that was bad. I can't imagine 500. We've been lucky though that at least it cooled down. Last weekend was hot but the air was clean. If it was as hot now we'd be living with bad air inside because we would have to have the windows open since we don't have a/c. But it only hit 60 today so at least we can keep them closed.

Our temperature dropped almost 30 degrees. I had a bad asthma attack and was really scared. I couldn’t get my breath and my husband thought I was choking and going to heimlich me. We have a swamp cooler so you have to leave a window cracked and it brings in outside air. However, when it runs through the water it filters out some of the particles and smoke.

Thinking of you all and hoping you stay safe!

We are at hazardous air quality level 373 today. I have had a low grade headache for 3 days. One good outcome: they were going to close all northbound lanes and 1 southbound lane on the I-5 bridge (really would be the only stop sign between Canada and Mexico) for 10 days to replace a trunnion. They postponed that so evacuees and emergency vehicles could move freely.

Still worried about Gardenarian.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I’m Sorry that all of you were going through this smoke and fire problem. It truly sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m Sorry that all of you were going through this smoke and fire problem. It truly sounds awful.
    Me, too.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

This is truly terrible... I am thinking of all of you out West and hoping that these fires are brought under control soon!!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We are 197 today and have yet to see actual sunlight. We've had 500s in past fires......it is awful. I hope nothing strenuous requires your attention!

We are 247 today. Ugh!

Thread Information