Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - just keeps getting crazier

Now that I've had time to get used to it I'm not quite so freaked out. The science about how some wavelengths of light could get through the smoke (the red and yellow) and others couldn't resulting in an orange sky is fascinating. And honestly, since the smoke is not at ground level it's bizarre, yes, but far less annoying/dangerous than 2 years ago when the skies were also really ugly with smoke from wildfires but the air outside was also horribly polluted.

The smoke is just hanging today; there is no air movement right now. Which is good for the fire containment efforts, but miserable otherwise. It's stinky and giving me a huge headache. The last we saw of the sun yesterday before it was occluded by smoke, it was a bright orange orb. Haven't seen it today. It's before 9 a.m. right now and it looks like dusk.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

It's rumored the smoke here is coming from up in Nor Cal. Uh, we didn't have enough fires here? (we have active fires here). We're now importing smoke as well?

Yea I've seen that orange orb, end of the world sun, on Labor day, at the start of a fire here. I have no idea whether it would be sunny or overcast the last few days if there was no smoke. It seems overcast but that could just be smoke.
    Trees don't grow on money

Today was just a regular fire smoky day here with yellow/gray skies and a barely visible sun, not like the freakshow yesterday. But the air quality is now really bad because all the smoke that was blocking the sun has now sunk to earth and is making it smell like a campfire outside. I really hope this isn't going to be here for a long time. I'm getting agitated already at not being able to go out and get in any exercise.

I have so much yard work I really need to do, but who wants to go out and do anything with level 373 hazardous air quality? The smoke is just hanging. I'm glad there aren't any winds like before so that the firefighters might get ahead, but it sure is miserable. Everything is coated with ash and dust, and there's no brightness, just a yellowish cast. Like a sick filter. But, that's 2020 for ya.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Kay, the yard work can wait. Your lungs will thank you.

I just read that Portland now has the world's worst air quality, and is being told to get ready to evacuate*. Suburbs SE of Portland are at risk. A massive smoke plume is supposedly moving up I-5 toward Seattle. All we need is an earthquake--or maybe an alien invasion--to complete 2020. I'm going to take a nap.
    *I'll believe that when I see it...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I just read that Portland now has the world's worst air quality, and is being told to get ready to evacuate*. Suburbs SE of Portland are at risk. A massive smoke plume is supposedly moving up I-5 toward Seattle. All we need is an earthquake--or maybe an alien invasion--to complete 2020. I'm going to take a nap.
    *I'll believe that when I see it...
    HA! Earthquakes started in March in Idaho starting with a 6.5 and we have them every day up to a dozen a day. Tuesday another 4.4.

We just gonna rock 'n roll our way through 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    HA! Earthquakes started in March in Idaho starting with a 6.5 and we have them every day up to a dozen a day. Tuesday another 4.4.

We just gonna rock 'n roll our way through 2020
    Oh dear...ufo gif.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I have so much yard work I really need to do, but who wants to go out and do anything with level 373 hazardous air quality?
    I agree with Teacher Terry... stay inside if you can.

It may be that you can run air conditioning on "recirculate", to keep filtering your indoor air.

http://wasmoke.blogspot.com

Thread Information