Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 - just keeps getting crazier

I keep telling Jesus to just come already, but he just won't.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I just read that Portland now has the world's worst air quality, and is being told to get ready to evacuate*. Suburbs SE of Portland are at risk. A massive smoke plume is supposedly moving up I-5 toward Seattle. All we need is an earthquake--or maybe an alien invasion--to complete 2020. I'm going to take a nap.
    *I'll believe that when I see it...
    At least they had the brains to postpone closing the I-5 bridge (at least 4 of the 6 lanes). Can you imagine what that would've been like had there been an evac order?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    At least they had the brains to postpone closing the I-5 bridge (at least 4 of the 6 lanes). Can you imagine what that would've been like had there been an evac order?
    I can't imagine what purpose that would serve. I know one family that might relocate north into Washington with their three cats, but I doubt it will be necessary.

Well, the bridge was scheduled to be mostly closed (4 of 6 lanes) starting tomorrow for 10 days to replace trunnions which are originals, I think. They decided to postpone because of evacuees and emergency vehicles.

The bridge is way old. Basically, it would have been the only stop between Blaine and Mexico. When they finally do this closure, it's gonna be a shitshow. Avoid at all cost.

For a while, weren't they considering adding a bridge in there somewhere?

Thread Information