Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Iris’ and Rob’s worlds collide

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I welcome Brucie getting his $ on your taxed back and on those of everyone in the 85006.
    Wouldn't it be cool if this case generates protests? I could participate and share pics here somehow. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ... suing the Phoenix PD is now an Arizona Growth Industry. Rob
    What's the data on this?

What's the historical trend of lawsuits against the Phoenix PD?

And, what's the history of actual awards look like?

These two world views will both be impacted by our increasing loss of freedom if we descend into true autocracy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...scholars-warn/

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    These two world views will both be impacted by our increasing loss of freedom if we descend into true autocracy:

I did some research and Turkey seems to be a country that serves as a model of a nation state rapidly sliding towards autocracy with Erdogan, it's leader, striking me as somewhat similar to Trump in temperament and (lack of) character. Very scary! And I hope your recovery is progressing well, Tammy - good to see your post here. Rob

Thank you, Tammy, for the link. It's what I've been thinking and scary to see that my thinking is accurate. I am glad you are feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

How do these scholars quantify “autocratization” or “respect for the constitution” for these graphs? They would seem to be pretty subjective traits to assign scores for.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    How do these scholars quantify “autocratization” or “respect for the constitution” for these graphs? They would seem to be pretty subjective traits to assign scores for.
    I was going to delve into this article later because certainly loss of “freedom” is something that concerns me greatly as a citizen. So I’m glad you got into it saving me having to do it. But I do realize it when I use the word freedom I have to define it as to how I’m using it.

Update:

I am exceedingly pleased that my town’s Bruce Frank brought his clown show to Phoenix where he’s grifting, scamming, and generally being smarmy to the Democratic Party in Phoenix. Ya’ll deserve him Phoenix!

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...home-top-story

most of you will be able to read this since the St. Louis newspaper allows five free reads a month. To summarize the story, Bruce is lining his pockets via his relationship with the Maricopa county democratic leader by having her give him contracts that he never carries out. One recent scam was collecting $22,000 for a political mailing that never went out. He still owes the state of Missouri $89,000 for grifting and stealing.

Bruce came to fame as a protester in the Ferguson riots several years ago. He has had quite a colorful political career in St. Louis which includes a stint in the Missouri state house.

he recently came back to St. Louis to put on a pious face for the nine year anniversary of the death of Michael Brown.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information