Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Age of Idiocy

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    This is great advice, Razz. There really is an element of choice involved as to whether you find your fellow humans to be a source of joy or annoyance.
    Definitely agree to both this and to your post, razz.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think that is very true, Rogar. I think the anger feels more powerful than the sorrow, confusion, or grief that is so often the alternative.
    Yes, both Tybee and Rogar. Some folks almost seem to cherish and nurture their anger.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, razz, great post.

I find the best way to deal with the frustrations of "idiocy" is to unplug. I never watch the news anymore. In fact my TV watching is way down. My home page is set to the NYT so it's not like I don't get any news. I can read headlines and get a gist of what's going on. I am doing less and less FB. Scrolling through Facebook is like lighting a match to ignite aggravation and anger.
    I have to use Facebook because that is the primary way my bulldog group communicates. But I have it set to rainbows, puppies, and flowers, more or less. I turn off newsfeed from my political friends. Sometimes I will go out and read their pages, but their posts are not coming into my daily feed.

I only get daily pictures of bulldogs, Iris, and lilies. This is a very pleasing newsfeed.

Thread Information