Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Getting closer to having the 3 main room completely done. Need a Persian rug in the bedroom. Perhaps will be adding further window treatments in bedroom. I suppose I will get a coffee table even tho I do not like them. But 3 main rooms are 90% done.

Next up: new windows, $$$$$$

Then, at some point, DH will start work on the tiny hallway, 3 closets, and the tiny bathroom. The bathroom floor and wall tile are original and will be preserved.

Attachment 5272
    Attachment 5273

Attachment 5274
    Love the dark blue, but am wondering about the third picture. Is that wallpaper, or some kind of painting technique like the sponge painting thing that was big a couple decades back?

I have some memories from when I was real young (earliest is as a two year old), and one of them my mother argued with me about was the neighbors daughter, where I was born, painting Irises. We got invited to visit a house on the national historic register and during that I saw a picture that I immediately pointed at and said that's the picture, and the guide went on to say that it was painted by the local artist Judith Ritchie and my mom just looked at me stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    3 are originals, 3 are prints. I found the biggest one on eBay and was obsessed with it, an abstract with lilies. I know nothing about the provenance and I’m guessing it’s probably a 1980s painting.

Very beautiful, IL. Things are really coming together!

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Love the dark blue, but am wondering about the third picture. Is that wallpaper, or some kind of painting technique like the sponge painting thing that was big a couple decades back?

I have some memories from when I was real young (earliest is as a two year old), and one of them my mother argued with me about was the neighbors daughter, where I was born, painting Irises. We got invited to visit a house on the national historic register and during that I saw a picture that I immediately pointed at and said that's the picture, and the guide went on to say that it was painted by the local artist Judith Ritchie and my mom just looked at me stunned.
    so you remembered that painting from when you were two years old? Wow!

yes, the walls are one of those treatments that were, as you said, popular 20 years ago. It’s retro. While I could’ve done this myself, I did hire an expert in faux painting to do it. He used an airbrush to paint the clouds.

I like your bedroom--very moody, and there's your wonderful lamp!

Thread Information