Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

I am thinking that center one should have been raised a bit more, since the center is being cut out for a bathroom sink. (edge swirl kept, center not so much)

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I am thinking that center one should have been raised a bit more, since the center is being cut out for a bathroom sink. (edge swirl kept, center not so much)
    Too late! You may be right, but too late.

I spent an hour this afternoon at my condo with the sun shining through the big windows. It is really pretty. DH did a fabulous job in smoothing the plaster and in painting. He’s quite meticulous.

Kitchen cabinets are simply lovely. I thought I wouldn’t have kitchen cabinets that are as nice as the ones DH but I am wrong! The Amish guys did a great job. I’ll show a picture of the kitchen after the countertop is installed next week.

Here is my completed bedroom wall painting. A Stormy Evening is the look I was going for. The room’s theme is “Napolean Bonaparte. The furniture is French Directoire/Empire/Neoclassical. I’m not sure if I’m going for Napoleon’s Retreat, , or Napoleon and Josephine, or what exactly. That will evolve.

C06BB89E-7B24-4F9D-8FC8-7505B74FAAAB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here is my completed bedroom wall painting. A Stormy Evening is the look I was going for. The room’s theme is “Napolean Bonaparte. The furniture is French Directoire/Empire/Neoclassical. I’m not sure if I’m going for Napoleon’s Retreat, , or Napoleon and Josephine, or what exactly. That will evolve.

So cool! If I were you, I'd do the ceiling, too! Really make it feel like you're in the "eye of the storm"--maybe not necessarily a comforting theme for a bedroom, but I do find the idea of floating in the sky appealing.

Your accent color of hot pink brightens it up and there are lots of other colors that can balance the coolness. I think it's great!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    So cool! If I were you, I'd do the ceiling, too! Really make it feel like you're in the "eye of the storm"--maybe not necessarily a comforting theme for a bedroom, but I do find the idea of floating in the sky appealing.

Your accent color of hot pink brightens it up and there are lots of other colors that can balance the coolness. I think it's great!
    no no the hot pink is just a dust cover. I’m leaving my hot pink theme behind in my city house. I lived with it for several years and I love hot pink but it’s time to move away from that. Still will always love hot pink and any pink more than anything.

It would’ve been interesting to do the sky as well, I mean the ceiling. Or even to do just the ceiling itself and leave the well something different. But it’s done I can’t do any more.
    I hired a ornamental painter to do the walls even though probably I could’ve done it myself. I thought about asking him to just do parts of the ceiling but… I’m done with that. Onto the next project.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here is my completed bedroom wall painting. A Stormy Evening is the look.

You’re going to have to download a white noise app that makes rainstorm sounds for that room.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You’re going to have to download a white noise app that makes rainstorm sounds for that room.
    Hahah! That’s a great idea!

It makes me think of sleeping in a painting! Very nice.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

IL, I love your bedroom! Very nice.

I think you need a trompe l'oell "window" overlooking the Arc de Triomphe. Get crackin'!

Thread Information