Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

Very cool!

I get a "Starry Night" vibe--something about the color or the circular elements.

You'll be thrilled to know, Iris Lily, that Pantone's color of the year for 2022 is "Very Peri."

very peri.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You'll be thrilled to know, Iris Lily, that Pantone's color of the year for 2022 is "Very Peri."

very peri.jpg
    yessssssse! Wonderful!

I have a periwinkle colored stove in my kitchen which is a lighter shade than that Shown here, but this is still beautiful.

I’m pretty sure periwinkle is going to be the accent color in my Hermann House with main wall color being a lettuce green, and cream woodwork.

0BFE8EE0-E79D-4369-B1D3-B9A8D7671850.jpg
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-9-21 at 10:17am.

I like a mellow green like that one--it's kind of reminiscent of the green that was featured in many quilts from the thirties.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yessssssse! Wonderful!

I have that periwinkle colored stove in my kitchen which is a lighter shade than that Shown here, but this is still beautiful.

I’m pretty sure periwinkle is going to be the accent color in my Hermann House with main wall color being a lettuce green, and cream woodwork.

0BFE8EE0-E79D-4369-B1D3-B9A8D7671850.jpg
    That sounds like some bold color choices. At least to a "there's nothing wrong with lots of off white" kind of guy like me. But you seem to have enough of an eye for how things should look that I expect the end result will be pretty fantastic. If i were to try and do something that 'creative' SO would probably come home from work and be all WTF...

Some general color guidelines:

60/30/10 Where the main color compromises 60% of your room, secondary color compromises 30%, and an accent color is 10%. The colors need to work together. They can be analogous, complementary, etc. etc.

I always gravitate to yellowy greens so that’s what I use. In the last couple of years has been this trend for blues that are very gray-ish or greenish. I can’t do that. I’m not attracted to them.

Now gray is a neutral I love. Dark gray, light gray,love it. If a gray had not been the dominant color everywhere of the past five years I would have done my condo in it.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-9-21 at 3:30pm.

I like your colors IL. This is my first home with no green on the walls.

Some of the prettiest houses I've seen have had purple exterior paint. The very nicest one had a kind of mossy green trim.

Lovely colour scheme, IL. Has a very spring-like outdoor feeling to me which is great.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information