Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

My new Pied a .terre

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-39129?view=qv

The perfect unit came on the market yesterday morning, and we closed on the buy today. Yay! I have a tiny pied a terre now.

i’ve looked at 5 of these Units at 530 sq ft. and this one is perfect for me. It is on the second floor, so I don't have to worry about exiting many stairs in a fire. And I dont have to take the elevators. While the views from the top floor units were amazing, I like being close to the ground. My dad from his grave is telling me “ low floor is good! In a fire you Can get out fast! ” and I remember frugal-one saying fire ladders only reach to the 5th floor. Haha, i have some weird little phobias about fires and death by elevator.

I can hardly wait to start decorating. Since we have downtime with Covid, I wanted to secure a small city place and get it dolled up before my regular activities commence. DH will be adding crown molding as a first step. This unit has an ugly aged kitchen that I will have no remorse in taking out.

floor plan below. It is called a studio because there is no closet in the little bedroom/office.

F70CD6A1-3F97-4C27-9861-A03E650F1A23.jpg

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Looks perfect! Lovely building.. this is the building you had your eyes on, right?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That was fast--congratulations! I like that the kitchen has its own room. I wouldn't want to be on an upper floor, either.

IL, you have the best of both worlds now, urban and more rural in Hermanus. Are you moving completely out of your cute little houses that you have owned and worked on for so long?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Looks nice! Why does the listing say it’s got 1.5 baths? I only saw 1 bath? What about washer and dryer?

Will you end up with just the Hermann house and this wonderful city pad?

Congratulations!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Looks nice! Why does the listing say it’s got 1.5 baths? I only saw 1 bath? What about washer and dryer?
    I’m glad you could see the listing.

That’s an error. I knew when I saw that it was an error because I’ve seen 4 units just like it and there are never any more than 1 bathroom.

no washer and dryer, I have to use the building’s w/d. This lack probably keeps prices down in this building. At one time they were allowing units to put in washer dryer’s but the dryer vents required they bore through the brick and they put a stop to that. And this makes me happy because we must preserve the old façade.

This unit comes with a garage. I am stoked about that because now we can use that beginning immediately even if we don’t live there. It’s a five minute drive away from where I live.

Wow... one day... you worked fast!

Also, the other lacks in this building:

* no water line for an ice maker
    * no wifi in the lobby
    * aunt Agnes aesthetic in the lobby
    * no exercise room
    * no pool
    * no central air conditioning

It is a 93 year old building. Which I love!

Thread Information