Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

From what I can tell (small pictures, suck for older eyes) the one you like, has a utensil hanger behind the stove (much like my grandmother used to, with her most used tools), and the other side has closed cabinets, as well as open shelves. Doesn't look like commercial shelving, so how expensive would it be to buy a board and show your husband, where you want shelves instead of cabinets?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    From what I can tell (small pictures, suck for older eyes) the one you like, has a utensil hanger behind the stove (much like my grandmother used to, with her most used tools), and the other side has closed cabinets, as well as open shelves. Doesn't look like commercial shelving, so how expensive would it be to buy a board and show your husband, where you want shelves instead of cabinets?
    Well, I can’t say that I liked the stove wall with all the implements lined up on it. That looks messy to me. So I am not replicating that one.

If I were going to install upper cabinets, I would choose some with glass fronts (and lots of colorful dishes to go in them). But I vastly prefer a pantry of some kind to cabinets into which food can disappear for years until their expiration date is just a sad joke..

You might do a "small kitchen" search on apartment therapy website for more ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    If I were going to install upper cabinets, I would choose some with glass fronts (and lots of colorful dishes to go in them). But I vastly prefer a pantry of some kind to cabinets into which food can disappear for years until their expiration date is just a sad joke..
    All upper cabinets will have glass fronts.

But likely, just faux mullions. Getting real, honest to god mullions costs about a million dollars apparently. My own kitchen cabinets that DH made have the real thing. And high end panels. I am spoiled by the cabinets he made.

Thread Information