Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My new Pied a .terre

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-39129?view=qv

The perfect unit came on the market yesterday morning, and we closed on the buy today. Yay! I have a tiny pied a terre now.

i’ve looked at 5 of these Units at 530 sq ft. and this one is perfect for me. It is on the second floor, so I don't have to worry about exiting many stairs in a fire. And I dont have to take the elevators. While the views from the top floor units were amazing, I like being close to the ground. My dad from his grave is telling me “ low floor is good! In a fire you Can get out fast! ” and I remember frugal-one saying fire ladders only reach to the 5th floor. Haha, i have some weird little phobias about fires and death by elevator.

I can hardly wait to start decorating. Since we have downtime with Covid, I wanted to secure a small city place and get it dolled up before my regular activities commence. DH will be adding crown molding as a first step. This unit has an ugly aged kitchen that I will have no remorse in taking out.

floor plan below. It is called a studio because there is no closet in the little bedroom/office.

F70CD6A1-3F97-4C27-9861-A03E650F1A23.jpg

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Looks perfect! Lovely building.. this is the building you had your eyes on, right?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Looks perfect! Lovely building.. this is the building you had your eyes on, right?
    Yes, right next door to The Magic Chef mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, right next door to The Magic Chef mansion.
    Wow, nice neighborhood! Also, it looks like there's a park across the street?

http://magicchefmansion.com
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, nice neighborhood! Also, it looks like there's a park across the street?

http://magicchefmansion.com

yes, park across the street which is why I preferred a unit in front, but my back unit still has a nice view of the pretty little back yard. The Park across the street has our own version of a castle: a Victorian water tower, picture below.

CC9E7207-F01A-45E4-ACA8-E4F4E3B2EA4B.jpg

While I saw a freestanding a/c in your unit, and several in windows on the outside, I didn't see radiators, forced air vents, or any heating. Were any of the window units in other units you looked at, heater/a/c units?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yes, park across the street which is why I preferred a unit in front, but my back unit still has a nice view of the pretty little back yard. The Park across the street has our own version of a castle: a Victorian water tower, picture below.

CC9E7207-F01A-45E4-ACA8-E4F4E3B2EA4B.jpg
    I remember St. Louis as being a really nice city. Your older building is making me nostalgic for when I lived there for 3 months when my son was shooting the Depression-era film King of the Hill.

That was fast--congratulations! I like that the kitchen has its own room. I wouldn't want to be on an upper floor, either.

IL, you have the best of both worlds now, urban and more rural in Hermanus. Are you moving completely out of your cute little houses that you have owned and worked on for so long?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    IL, you have the best of both worlds now, urban and more rural in Hermanus. Are you moving completely out of your cute little houses that you have owned and worked on for so long?
    we own no little houses any more. We sold the last ones 8 months ago.Let me say I am absolutely thrilled with the new owner’s work on them. He’s already finished with the first one and will have it up for sale very soon. It’s even staged With adorable red bistro furniture on the brick patio that he re-laid. He invited us over to see it, so cute! It’s exactly what that end of the neighborhood needs.

You know there’s a real estate bubble when the IrisLily household buys real estate. We believe in buying high and selling low. Haha. Sad but true.

Thread Information